Multi-Language support for WebUI

Lord Alderaan

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi, guys!

This version really helps me - Now webui works under FF3 & O95.

I have a feature request:

when adding torrent from URL or HDD directly, the popup with torrent path (Save As... dialog in utorrent) must appears. What for? I have number of HDDs, and when free space is up on one HDD, I need to dl to other. Remotely this is impossible - webui hasn't such a feature. So, thats why I requrst this feature)

So, is it realisable by current members or not?

With best wishes.

There is a problem with the General section in the Preferences menu. The whole thing is shifted all the way down. All the other sections are fine. I tried it in Firefox 3.0.1 and 2.0.14. I think that the cause of the problem are some longer strings.

Here is the updated translations: http://mitakas.googlepages.com/bg.js

I am so sorry, I should have looked it before posting it. It's working properly now.

Here is everything put together: http://mitakas.googlepages.com/webui.zip

I haven't change anything except some long strings in the translation in the bg.js file. Here they are:

Update_GUI_every : "Обновявай всеки",

ms : "мс",

Alt_list_bckgnd : "Смени фона на списъка",

Show_speed : "Покажи скоростта",

Don_t : "Не",

In_status_bar : "Долу",

In_title_bar : "Горе",

Show_cat_start : "Покажи категориите",

Virt_row_thres : "Брой вирт. редове",

Show_det_start : "Детайли при стартиране",

Restor_def : "Върни настройките",

In English they are shorter and the text fits in the layout.

The strings that show the speed:

-- Show_speed, Don_t, In_status_bar, In_title_bar

were also shifting the OK/Cancel buttons.

I don't know what may cause the problems in Linux (I'm a native Windows user), it could be the way the css is processed.

The next time you update the languages please update the Bulgarian language file

http://mitakas.googlepages.com/bg.js -- it's here, the older version is also working fine and translated properly but this one is better.

• 2 weeks later...

It is with great sadness and joy that I can say this version is now almost completely redundant. The new test version has full language support. Since it uses the µTorrent language pack files it is both more extensive and easier to maintain.

This version should still work for those strong headed persons amongst us :) but I STRONGLY recommend not investing any more time. Whatever advantage you think this version might have I suggest request/campaigning for that advantage in the new test version instead of trying to independently maintain this version.

I'm also removing my files from my host. I'll keep schnurlos and emc's links in the OP as long as they want.

• 3 months later...

Archived