The Deal BEFORE the BitTorrent deal?

zploek

From http://torrentfreak.com/%c2%b5torrent-developer-signs-deal-with-peerfactor/#more-154

Was this the sell-out before the present sell-out? Now, I don't deny anybody his money when he made such an excellent thing as utorrent, i just am curious what yall think about this.

uTorrent developer Signs deal with Peerfactor

Written by Ernesto on March 04, 2006

PeerFactor and the uTorrent developer Ludvig Strigeus signed a six months experimental agreement. Their goal is to develop "new content distribution applications on the Web". This is interesting because Peerfactor is known for their Peer-against-Peer and other anti-piracy work.

Last year Peerfactor caused quite some controversy in France when their anti-p2p project was launched. Their idea: […]

PeerFactor and the uTorrent developer Ludvig Strigeus signed a six months experimental agreement. Their goal is to develop "new content distribution applications on the Web". This is interesting because Peerfactor is known for their Peer-against-Peer and other anti-piracy work.

Last year Peerfactor caused quite some controversy in France when their anti-p2p project was launched. Their idea: pay P2P users to distribute fakes that redirect downloaders to legal web sites.

There are not much details on the current project but it doesn't seem to be related to Peerfactor's anti-piracy projects.

http://www.peerfactor.fr/info02.htm

I apologize if i break any rules by posting this.

Discourse is fine. Slander smear and FUD are not. I think the merger forum is fine closed, sure it would be OK to open it if the people posting there wouldn't be flaming morons or "lemmings" who do no independent research of their own. I think the simple fact THAT people are trying to discredit the developers of µTorrent and BitTorrent, Inc. in general is pure unadulterated muckraking. It is popular so it must be bad... true or false? False in this case.

Archived