How about adding a small dialog when adding a new torrent for download

kerson

...but i still missing the amount of Seeders & Leechers :rolleyes:

this 2 values are the most important one's in the decision-process 4 going ahead with a torrent or not :cool:

and much often they differ from the tracker-pages :(

therefore i've TorrentSpy as an 'Information-Center-Pre-Add-Dialogue' in front of µTorrent :cool:

btw: an enhancement for µTorrent's Pre-Add-Dialogue would be the progress of leechers :cool:

the important background 4 all this techniques: 4 check'ing only u don't need any disk-space...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
...Update Tracker* (scrape)...

...(Besides, if there are no peers what's to stop you from deleting torrent+data 10 seconds after you start it?)

workarounds are always possible :(

*and if they are running maybe an option until next version of an incredible µTorrent :)

i prefer informations before actions - 'senseless' click'ing & type'ing perhaps is the thing 4 hardcore-programers & -users :rolleyes:

4 me (-: DOS- & UNiX-times are over :cool:

therefor: i still miss the amount of Seeders & Leechers :cool:

and maybe incredible enhancements are the figurehead of µTorrent :P

No, like non-retarded non-lazy people. Not that hard to see what the tracker says especially since you're downloading the torrent at that moment.

...hmm - like an ant? - always busy with simple things ?-/ :cool:

Or: Options ▶ Preferences... ▶ Advanced Options ▶ bt.scrape_stopped = *true. Then you can watch the amount of seeds + peers all day long... :P

...hmm: if u stop scrape'ing then it runs ?-(

or mean u: bt.scrape_4.stopped ?-)

@Firon:

dialog replaces the "Set download location..."? it would be great if this dialog can rename download location, even when default location been set.

the problem on current build is having a torrent with name field "anyDir with url[www.utorrent.com]", options "Put new downloads in: D:\Incoming", "Move completed downloads to: D:\Completed", "Append the torrent's label to the directory name" set.

the torrent task auto-load in stopped mode, and "Set download location... to: D:\Incoming\anyDir without url", labeled "TEST", then start the task.

after torrent finished, it got moved to "D:\Completed\TEST\anyDir with url[www.utorrent.com]" :(

i hate urls in download location, i would like it to temp rename the name field, and move to "D:\Completed\TEST\anyDir without url".

You can use the dialog to rename the save folder, since whatever you set there is where it saves the files. (it won't use name and create another subfolder).

If a default location has been set, the dialog won't show up, simple as that. You have to use Add (no default save) in that case.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks so much for adding this feature, i was unable to use uTorrent as my primary client until now. this is much more convenient than starting everything in stopped mode and using the files tab to select stuff. I would really appreciate it if you would make the 'add new torrent' dialog maximizable, and the contents area resizeable. some torrents i download have probably 150 items, and scrolling through a window that only shows 8 at a time is not much fun ;)

Archived