How about adding a small dialog when adding a new torrent for download

kerson

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ultima: i was judging its popularity from the "Feature Request Index page with Voting" in the sticky, not this thread of course. obviously the way to do it, would be to add the feature to the "save to" dialogue. even in bitcomet the option to disable this dialogue already exists, nobody would/should be forced to endure the "horror" of such a dialogue if they don't need it ;).

on a more general note... the way to make the best client is by taking what works and improving upon it, not to reinvent the wheel for the sake of reinventing or ignoring better implementations because of some prejudice. i think we can agree that how you can achieve something with an app, not just that you can, represents a big part of an app's strength. (one of) bitcomet's strong point(s) happens to be its "save to" dialogue that also allows you to immediately and very practically select what you actually want from a torrent - doesn't get in the way when you don't need it, extremely handy when you do. adding such a benign non-disruptive feature would only make the nice client that utorrent already is better :)

Not really. Or rather, Not always....

u have right ,-) i agree with u !-)

sometimes it will be better to go his own way !-)

but 4 us simple users it's very difficult to see this way if it's not officially stated & therefore our only chance is to describe, fight 4 & advice our wishes... :cool:

The more popular utorrent gets, the more lazy and spoiled users catch on. I'd hate to see utorrent spoiled by such users. The reason the program is so good as it is right now, is because ludde decides what to put in the program.

If ludde says the feature won't be added, you should stop wasting your time requesting it. There is certainly a good reason why ludde won't add it, and I have no reason to doubt him at all. Just because a feature is heavily requested does not make it a good one.

Okay, well this is kinda obsolete now but...

It's ludde's client and he wrote it. As others mentioned if he doesn't want things in the client then they won't go in and you should stop asking for them. For example I think it's ridiculous that ludde won't implement KiB instead of KB etc because it clarifies things somewhat, and wouldn't take up more resources or anything. But he said he was not interested in it, so I'm not continually posting threads on it here asking him again..

I hate to say it, but the BitComet style dialog has been added to the beta. :P It's real nice, you can even edit the tracker and other torrent properties before you start the torrent.

Oki, nice. Is it possible to add Label also?? Can you post a screenshot?? Thanks :D

You can't label.

Ultima: it provides a button (Advanced) to view the torrent properties, the same dialog you see if you right click -> Properties on a torrent. (second window is the "advanced" dialog)

newdialog10at.gif

You can right click here and choose "Select All" or "Deselect All" as well.

Open for seeding allows you to bypass the hash check when adding a torrent with complete files. However, if any files are missing, the torrent will fail to start and say "Error: files missing." :P

newdialog20lx.gif

I hope ludde doesn't mind screenshots of beta stuff... if it disappears, it's because he did. :P

Hm, looking pretty good. I'll just comment and say that the dialog seems a bit large. I guess it's to accomodate long file names, but still... (not that big of a deal, though =P)

Also, are those columns (Name, Size) sortable? From the looks of the column headers, it seems like no. That's probably a bit of fluff, but I'm pretty sure people are going to request such a thing later on, so I'm just giving a heads up ;P

The first dialog isn't really all that big.

You can resize the columns (and there's only 2), but you can't sort by them. I think it sorts alphabetically.

And yes, of course you can disable it. :P It also doesn't show up if you have a default download directory set. (unless you use Add (no default save))

I hate to say it, but the BitComet style dialog has been added to the beta. :P

It's real nice, you can even edit the tracker and other torrent properties before you start the torrent.

cool & thx 4 the 'pre-add-download-information-center-dialogue' :cool:

but i still missing the amount of Seeders & Leechers :rolleyes:

Archived