Port 14304 does not appear to be open

sotchy

After fighting router for several weeks, I connected my PC directly to the Internet, deleted all old utorrent programs and files,shot down all firewalls and security, downloaded new utorrent exe./old version1.6.1/, installed it on my hard drive and here I am:<Port 14304 does not appear to be open>. What`s wrong?

Somebody please help me.

So your internet setup looks like this ISP -> modem -> computer? What kind of internet are you on? If you are on XP SP2 there is still the Windows Firewall, which you can get around by Ctrl-P -> Connection -> Add uT to windows firewall.

If you are sure that you have nothing else between you and your ISP, checking the modem to see if it has "virtual server" or "port forwarding" verifies it functions both as a modem AND router, in which case you need to follow the Guides for "Setting up Your Connection" and make sure the port you are using is forwarded to the right LAN IP address.

When you go to test your linespeed (Ctrl-G Speed Guide speedtest link for example) what is the upload you are capable of supporting. Upload is marginally related to port forwarding, but if you don't have your upload set correctly, port forwarding wouldn't matter because you are either likely OVERloading your connection trying to upload too fast, or uploading too slow for your setup which negatively impacts your downloads.

I am not aware of verizon fios being permanently firewalled, which means you may need to double check your modem does not have those firewall features (port forwarding or virtual server).

Have you checked http://portforward.com/guides.htm with your modem to see if it includes a firewall component?

Archived