On torrent deletion: Move files to a selected folder

ievolver

To make it perfectly clear, I think it's a good thing if people look at other peoples suggestions. Quite often it results in new better ideas. Not because the next person is smarter but because he/she see things from a differnt perspective. And then the original poster often do the same and the idea will further improve and so on. I think this is a good thing and anybody is welcome to do that with "my" ideas. I will not feel that someone is stepping on my toes, rather the opposite, I would appriciate it.

After all, µTorrent is an app for file sharing. Should we really be offended if someone use and share our ideas?

• 2 months later...

I was just going to start a new thread about this, but found this thread instead...

I have exactly the same problem as the OP: heaps of active torrents and a crowded download folder.

There is no way for me to tell which files in my download folder are being used by uTorrent so I have to manually check before moving or deleting files from my download folder.

An option such as been discussed in this thread would be very welcome.

i have the same issue, but as my sig suggests i support a more generic solution that lets you move files anytime you want to anywhere want (so if you accidentally put files in wrong drive or whatever)

but i'll be happy with whatever i can get :)

• 4 months later...

Seems like this is a very much wanted feature in uTorrent, which Azureus has, and it works perfectly there, ... I have just migrated from Azureus, and im missing this feature., 3 folders is a MUST HAVE in a bittorent program imho..

1) currently downloading

2) downloaded and seeding

3) done seeding and removed by rules or manually

and ,,, of course the transport between folder should be done automatically., when you have 2-300 torrents running you dont wanna nitpick with removing this and that., it must be done automatically..

Fungus

• 2 months later...

Actually, I had to go back to the sloow Azureus only because uTorrent is missing the feature "On deletion, move files to directory."

It's a shame such a basic functionality is missing. Imagine having a directory with 500 files where you have to locate the ones that are finished among the active ones. It takes HOURS!

Well, Ultima is right, in your case you won't have a problem with this. However, the function "On deletion, move files to directory" is very basic and should be implemented in the next version of uTorrent. It's such an easy thing to do, and yet sooo useful! I hope the new developers hear us this time. Although I've lost some faith recently, hey it was over a year since I brought this up the first time =/

• 1 month later...

Archived