Port forwerding

raleighdown

ive been trying to port forwerd with no luck, ive followed the user guide at portforwerd.com........ and done everything as they said. im using a bt home hub

i get this msg but i dont understand what some of this is,............. Please make absolutely sure that PeerGuardian2 or Protowall is allowing utorrent.com (72.20.34.145) in either of those programs. Those of you using ipfilter.dat should make sure the list does not include the website's IP.

i have no anti virus and im using windows firewall, i was using zonealarm but i uninstaled it

please any help would be greatly recived thanks again raleightown (-:

BT internet in the UK? You need to double check that your modem from the ISP doesn't include its OWN firewall features (router functionality). If it DOES have port forwarding or virtual server somewhere in the menus you will have to configure it like in the guides. you will need to check your IP via "ipconfig /all" and make sure you are forwarding YOUR PORT to YOUR IP... Nevermind, other BT user and Switeck to the rescue. http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=295796#p295796

im in the uk yes, i dont understand, where do i eed to check if im forwerding to my ip.

ipconfig/all???

when i set up port forwaerding i enter the port, but where it said trigger port i left blank, is this correct?

i do have a firewall in my router and have set it to alow utorrent is there anything else i could do?

thank you

For your router, you need to make sure-- as in the portforwrad.com guides page-- you forward the port you setup in uT, to go to your IP address(you find that by going to start -> run -> cmd -> ipconfig /all). Make sure the incoming port matches your port, and the destination IP matches your IP and that should be all you have to do :)

Is that not working when testing the openoffice torrent? ( http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ )

Archived