Logger tab info

lowkey

I did a search but did not find exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for a detailed explanation of all the things I may see in the logger tab. I know that most of this is simple information like"connection refused" etc...but I would like to look at the log items and be able to determine what everything means( "got cancel unrequested for instance"). I understand that this may require a bit of work on my part and I am grateful for any help. I have looked at the faqs and the manual but the detailed info is not there either.

Hmm, are you more interested in WHAT it means or THAT it displays? Most of the communications in the Logger tab are related to the protocol, so a visit to wiki.theory.org may be in order as well as first having a thorough understanding of the basics (2nd link under Guides page)...

You may be interested to know in the current 1.8 pre-beta you can actively select which messages you wish to view in the Logger tab at all.

TBQH, i was SOOO happy when this appeared now, I was told it would have to wait until 1.9. Are there specific messages you want to know what they mean?

I am interested in both what is displayed and what it means. Thanks for the suggestion. I will see if it helps my understanding.

One specific that I didn't find at first glance at the protocol was this:

Connecting:port xxxxx:source:T

I am curious what the "T" denotes...it does show as TI, or X on occasion. The protocol wiki seems to have cleared up most of my curiosities though. Thanks again.

Ok...I get it now. This may stray a bit here but...when the "got cancel unrequested" message appears it seems to be from only a few clients. Bitlord 1.1, Transmission 1.0, and BitComet 0.7. It isn't from only certain ip's so it isn't specific to those users. Is this something in the features of their clients only? Or is it just coincidence that this message only appears for those clients?

Cancel unrequested.. yea i've seen that, I guess it's similar to me saying "hey I want your pieces" "really, OK, here i have a slot and you have what I want so you can have some" "OH? I can have a slot, nevermind" "Bastard!" "Nevermind, I have upload to spare and I want your pieces so give it up" "OK"

Heh, you'd be surprised the antics some clients do. Anything else?

Archived