µTorrent 1.3 released.

ludde

right-click->new-label->delete the current label text...

or eliminate the complete labels column right-click on the gray columns headers line

Thanx Rafi

Edit: I had been looking for a 'Delete lable' option..lol. I wasn't thinking, he delete the title in new label. Not the way I am accustomed to changing/removing labels.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

right-click->new-label->delete the current label text...

or eliminate the complete labels column right-click on the gray columns headers line

Thanx Rafi

Edit: I had been looking for a 'Delete lable' option..lol. I wasn't thinking' date=' he delete the title in new label. Not the way I am accustomed to changing/removing labels.[/quote']

It's 'the uTorrent way'... U R right - it is more natural to use "delete" . Ask for it in the "new features" section...

Depends on if the RSS feed is private at all. Either through basic HTTP authentication or cookies. If it lacks any security, then obviously anyone can access it. It'd be akin to a private website without any passwords or whatever. :P

They'd still only be able to download torrents, which wouldn't help much in most cases.

Still getting Error: Element not found errors using compact_allocation and the partfile BTW. Firon, I know you said this is not recommended, but w/o the partfile it will create small bits of other files as well? The FAQ has most of the info, but pragmatically speaking is this correct:

sparse_files works on NTFS (i'm running on a FAT32 partition) is will "reserve" space, but all other aplicaitons to grab it if it's in a crunch

use_partfile keeps the bits of other adjacent files in another file somehow associated with the torrent (where is this stored, and when does that information get removed?)

compact_allocation uses some semi-well known technique to try to keep the files mostly contiguous as it writes. Without using the partfile though, I would get small bits of other files in that directory?

Thanks!

yuppy: just choose a different label, or create a new one

sparse files does NOT allocate or reserve extra space. In fact, it writes data out of order. it's nothing more than a flag set in the MFT to save space. The "size" will still show the full size, but if you view the properties, it will show size on disk as a much MUCH smaller value. It's also for NTFS only.

partfile creates a partfile in the same folder as the other data which stores bits of files you skipped but are still required. It gets removed if/when you remove the torrent data.

compact allocation does not keep writes contiguous, it also stores data out of order, but not quite as efficiently as sparse files. It stores it in a python-like manner (very weird). it works on FAT32 though.

In all cases, you would get small bits of other files if you turn off partfile.

You should be using the BETA if you're using compact allocation because it's broken in 1.3, and try to NOT use it with the partfile.

Re: compact allocation -- Sorry, yes I'm using the beta 1.3.1 build 380 (I think I might have put this in the wrong 1.3 thread, i apologize). If i have to search through multifile torrents to figure out which ones are tiny pieces of files, it makes compact allocation pretty hard to use unfortunately. Just letting you know, w/ the partfile, it's not guaranteed to work (as you have already said), and I guess i can confirm at least one problem similar to before. I had to turn off CA, and re-check the file to get it to work again. In this particular torrent, I wasn't even selectively downloading.

Still, i'm happy, just giving feedback to be helpful for this great prog-

Thanks!

So, compact allocation is still giving element not found?

You can see how it works in realtime, it stores all data downloaded into the first file, until a point, and then creates a second file and moves the data that doesn't belong in the first to it, and so on... it's kinda weird. :D

Woah... python-like--I assumed you were referencing the language, not actual behavior. Occasionally I check out a file as it's d/ling if I have enough pieces. Does this mean that the extra (unused) information is in those is the same as the partfiles.. Or are actual other files not created in order? so, until the torrent is complete, you could essentially have one huge jumble of files? Is this resynced on exit in case it is needed to be restarted with other versions or non-CA? i.e. is there any guarantee of the contents of the files during d/l on open/close/during? Don't wanna beat this to death, but.. I'm interested :)

Yep, still got Error: Element not found. I just tuned off CA, didn't try disabling the partfile.

Compact allocation stores everything in the first file, then moves it to the next file at some point, and so on. The only file that would be a jumble of data would be the last file created. The other ones would have empty sections in them, but would be in the correct order. Or at least I think that's how it works... I'm not 100% sure on this.

I'm not sure how reliable it is, but I think there's other clients using this mode without problems, though I imagine moving the files to another client would give problems.

1.3 build 364 here

that unicode thing: i started download which has files with some chinese fonts at utorrent 1.2.2 (i don't know exactly-the previous one :) ) , then stopped it, then upgraded to 1.3 (with unicode) and now slicked Start for this torrent and i get "files missing from job. please recheck" error.

I think the problem is,that it tries to find the names of files with unicode(and they were saved without unicode) \. only few and not important files(links) have got chinese characters in their names,so I set "don't download" to them, but it didn't help.

Is there any possibility to continue to download this file? Can i launch utorrent 1.2.2 and resume this download while downloading other files with utorrent 1.3 at the same time?

would be very thankful for replies

Archived