µTorrent 1.3 released.

ludde

This was my first update. My favorite part was how it said that there was an update, I let it install, it shut down—unexpectedly, it should give a warning—then started up again a few seconds later with the new version. Nice.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So far version 1.3 (build 364) is working fine on my Windows XP SP1 and Windows 98 SE machines. I am downloading and seeding torrents with no apparent instability issues. I'm very pleased.

I hope Utorrent stays lean and clean without adding tons of bloated features. I pretty much like it just the way it is. :)

Thanks to the programmers and supporters. I really do like Utorrent the best now - even better than Bit Spirit.

Any chance of getting the old availability graph back as an option?

I mean, I can sort of see what you're going for with this one; If I'm looking at it right, the dark blues tell me what *most* people have, the light blues tell me what *some* people have and the red bits tell me what *nobody* has.

I can see how that could be useful, but I'm behind an ass of a university firewall (which utorrent gets round really well, I might add) and for me it was sort of more useful just to know that there was stuff out there at all, because with this firewall, even though I can see people, I usually don't get anything from them.

I dunno, maybe it's just me and this crappy system.

I don't have that multiple instances problem. Is it a registry thing?

Under Windows Integration (in the General Options area) did you try the ASSOCIATE WITH .TORRENT FILES thing? Could it be caused by either not checking it, or clicking on it more than once?

Just wonderin'.

see - i'm just a n00b. :)

Unicode is evil... :P

I'm mainly using it on 98 SE so guess I did not see the problem.

Good luck fixing it. adding new features can introduce new bugs. hope that instead of adding new features in the next few versions, you just quash the few remaining bugs and enjoy the greatness that is Utorrent.

:)

I don't know if I'm having the same problem as mehralsmensch but utorrent runs fine for a few hours and then reports a NAT error. None of the previous versions did this so it's quite frustrating.

I'm trying a reboot now to see if helps and I'll report back if it doesn't.

The reason, as stated supra, is that some of use have the Non-Unicode thingie set to Japanese (in my case as well as in amonrei's), simply as that. Some (most :P) of you guys have it set to English, and don't have the problem at all, whether we do... :/

So the reason is already known.. we're just waiting for it to get fixed :) i'm sure someone from the uTorrent staff is already working on it ;) they are THAT cool :D.

baibai~~

Yeah...this version 1.3 really extremely cool

I use private tracker to download...and the speed is...very very fast than previous version ;)...

great work, developer!...

well...why don't create an extension for imcomplete download...because I a bit confused which file already downloaded and which not...thanks ;)

.....and then reports a NAT error. None of the previous versions did this so it's quite frustrating.

I'm trying a reboot now to see if helps and I'll report back if it doesn't.

I am also seeing this problem of NAT error for the very 1st time with this version of 1.3. Previous versions were fine.

why don't create an extension for imcomplete download...because I a bit confused which file already downloaded and which not...thanks ;)

For what purpose? You can already download the files to one folder, and tell the program to move them to another onces its done, renaming them to copy other programs serve no purpose if you ask me.

On mine its setup like this

All torrents are automaticly saved in:

C:\Downloads\In Progress\!Torrents\

All downloads are started in:

C:\Downloads\In Progress\

When a torrent finishes its moved to:

C:\Downloads\Finished\!Torrents\

When a download finishes its moved to:

C:\Downloads\Finished\

This is already available to you though existing options in the program, and its a lot easier to seperate them than just renaming the files like other programs do.

why don't create an extension for imcomplete download...because I a bit confused which file already downloaded and which not...thanks ;)

For what purpose? ...

Here is an example-purpose ... -

a. When you want to easily move unfinished torrents from another client to uT (example *.BC! ) instead of renaming them, you can just take care of a common extension for both.

b. I have setup a script/macro that is being activated on PC startup, checks for unfinished torrents (ones with *.BC! for example) and then activate the client if required. So - it is a plus if you can distinguish between a regular AVI and an unfinished AVI .

c. Since they invented 'file extension' just for that - file association - it is only natural to stick to the standard and use a special extension for the unfinished ones (=Torrent 'format' intended to be opened with torrent clients)

Does this make any sense to you ? It should be optional so you wouldn't HAVE to use it...

this is my 2 cents...

cant u jus modify the script so it checks if the folder is populated or not? also afaik Azureus doesnt do that and if so then it doesnt seem to be a standard that only utorrent doesnt do.. also when u add a new torrent if theres already files it will recheck them and see how complete they.. imo it seems a redundant feature

cant u jus modify the script so it checks if the folder is populated or not?

No, since they are not "moved" but stay mixed with other finished files.

also afaik Azureus doesnt do that and if so then it doesnt seem to be a standard that only utorrent doesnt do..

I didn't mean "BT standard" but "Windows" standard-convention - having the file extension indicate what application should be used to open it.

also when u add a new torrent if theres already files it will recheck them and see how complete they..

??? yes, but not if it is with *.BC! extension...

imo it seems a redundant feature

IMO it is not a feature it is an option. u CAN use it , u don't HAVE to. Seems to me like a useful one!

Archived