µTorrent 1.3 released.

ludde

why don't create an extension for imcomplete download...because I a bit confused which file already downloaded and which not...thanks ;)

For what purpose? You can already download the files to one folder' date=' and tell the program to move them to another onces its done, renaming them to copy other programs serve no purpose if you ask me.

On mine its setup like this

All torrents are automaticly saved in:

C:\Downloads\In Progress\!Torrents\

All downloads are started in:

C:\Downloads\In Progress\

When a torrent finishes its moved to:

C:\Downloads\Finished\!Torrents\

When a download finishes its moved to:

C:\Downloads\Finished\

This is already available to you though existing options in the program, and its a lot easier to seperate them than just renaming the files like other programs do.[/quote']

That's what I do and it works great. When it's done, it moves to the other folder and that's all I need. :)

Utorrent is freakin' COOL! Bit Spirit doesn't do that folder thing even. Another reason I am moving to Utorrent for almost all my torrent stuff.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have in reprint question utorrenta 1.3 Jeżeli I include him this

norton antywirus it shows me whether to allow him to computer access

me this horibly it irritates or you would can this repair? In version

1.2 Tego it was not, so I ask in next version very or yet jednym

extradition 1.3 Popraw in order to antywirusy did not it show

announcements how this was in 1.2 gr8 and ask about improvement this very.

I dont speak english good. Sorry

That's what I do and it works great. When it's done, it moves to the other folder and that's all I need. :)

Utorrent is freakin' COOL! Bit Spirit doesn't do that folder thing even. Another reason I am moving to Utorrent for almost all my torrent stuff.

It doesn't move anything if you only select part of the files inside a torrent.

Hmm... I have 20GB of downloading torrents open (4 really freakin' big torrents, not billions)

Also 7 small torrents stopped at 0% and seeding 10 other small torrents.

utorrent says it's only using 9MB of system memory, but it's pretty much crucifying my system.

Not really proud of my current situation, but rest assured I'm seeding everything properly.

Just thought I should mention how bad my system's performing with utorrent running. Don't know anything more than that really, not massively teched-up on how all this stuff works within the system, sort of thing.

Hmm... I have 20GB of downloading torrents open (4 really freakin' big torrents, not billions)

utorrent says it's only using 9MB of system memory, but it's pretty much crucifying my system.

What is the CPU usage like? :) Also, what is the content of the torrents - do they contain lots of individual files inside them? (Unicode support apparently introduces significant overhead with lots of files.)

Check the torrent details in Azureus and check what encoding it displays next to the torrent name.

Or, open it in a hex-editor (notepad might work too) and check what encoding says.

encoding12:windows-1252

If it's not UTF-8 or one of the chinese encodings, it's not a properly made torrent, and is working off your system codepage. µTorrent is fully Unicode (Azureus/java is not) so it's unaffected by the system codepage (apart from a few other bugs. There's a lot of improperly made chinese torrents out there (go BitComet).

Not really proud of my current situation, but rest assured I'm seeding everything properly.

Just thought I should mention how bad my system's performing with utorrent running. Don't know anything more than that really, not massively teched-up on how all this stuff works within the system, sort of thing.

So, due to the random nature of bittorrent, your hard drive is jumping to different positions of 20GB worth of data......

and you can't figure out what's killing your performance....hmmmm....

I have to say that even though this is a relatively new project and there are some features I had become accustomed to, uTorrent has made me a much happier torrenter. I have about 1500 torrents, in different states of download, seeding, stopped and such and it's no contest uTorrent uses about 15% of the CPU, 20% of the memory that Azureus used.

I would consistantly have Azureus using 65 to 95% and even quite often 100% of my overclocked 2800+ CPU and the memory situation was even worse. The average memory usage was around 500-800 Meg (yes Meg) of ram out of my one gig, which made it virtually impossible to do anything else when Azureus was in full swing. I know part of this is the Java backend, etal, but it got ridiculaus.

This is a major improvement, to me. What a great product.

I hope you will keep up the great work and I continue to tell everyone I know about this wonderful software.

Keep it and if I could offer you a few shots of tequila, I would gladly do so.

Thanks,

K

I am using Windows XP x64 Edition, I had problemes with all clinents from Azureus to Bitcomet...

All of these crashed with ntdll.dll error, than I find Artic Torrent, Artic is the only one native 64bit torrent client... artic has got one progleme, very poor client...

I searced a lot and find this great client, I am tested a lot, all versions from 1.1.7.2 works great on XP x64, so I say uTorrent is full XP x64 compatibily!

I have about 1500 torrents

Holy crap that's a lot. When I had about 40 torrents once, I wanted an internal search feature e.g. like in iTunes so it will filter as you type, for 1500 you must really need one!? How you manage to search for the torrent you want?

As you said, I wish there was a search feature and also a way to move files within uTorrent, but I am not complaining. I do a lot of sorting by column and though uTorrent doesn't quite sort the say way i want labels work pretty well, most of the time.

I have wondered is there a way to remove labels?

Archived