Trying to announce multiple trackers at once causes timeout

yaluen

When I try to announce a multi-tracker torrent or many torrents at once, the trackers simply timeout and fail to announce. Also I sometimes get a tracker status of "An operation on a socket could not be performed because the system lacked sufficient buffer space or because a queue was full." for the trackers uT are trying to announce.

This problem doesn't usually bother me but when I go try to download a torrent I grab from isohunt, which more often than not provides multi-tracker torrents, I get those stupid timeouts.

PS I'd like solve the problem here so I'm not really interested in workarounds like deleting unnecessary trackers off a multi-tracker torrent or starting/resuming torrents one by one. I'm really surprised I'm having this problem at all considering I have a half-decent connection :(

Edit: Oops...seems like there's already a recent thread on this. I'm using Comodo Firewall 3, but this hasn't been a problem for me; I was still able to announce multiple trackers until recently. Disabling the firewall doesn't solve the problem so I don't think it's firewall related.

Ctrl-P -> Advanced -> net.max_halfopen ;) Many of the dedicated helpers will report that it works fine at the default of 8... It is when people change this and generally forget to re-patch tcpip.sys after patches from microsoft that reports like yours come up. It's not a big deal though since apparently the patch was SEVERE... so you should patch from microsoft since having your computer taken away from you is not a prospect I look forward to.

LOL "Patch Tuesday" is a colloquialism. MS releases their press releases and such for their typical bug-fixing on tuesdays.... therefore any day when they release them can be called "patch tuesday". Make sense?

Of course MS patches "those kinda files"...What do you think Microsoft does.. add new code?!? They gave up on 2/3 of their proposed additions for Vista, and therefore probably won't see the light of day until late 2009 </rant>

Archived