not so much a problem as a potential for improvement

randal1013

My normal upload speed, when unrestricted, is ~115kB/s. I'm currently seeding a torrent, and I've had to reboot a couple times in the course of using my computer, and I've noticed that when I open utorrent and it connects with peers again, the upload speed shoots up to about 165kB/s, stays there for about 30 seconds and then slides back down to ~115kB/s. Is there any way to keep my upload speed at ~165kB/s? I mean, if it can go that fast, then why can't stay that fast?

I'm using windows xp (home)

utorrent 1.7.5

linksys wrt54g router w/ port forwarding

Speedboost? If you're on Comcast that's a way they "help" your experience. Peak throughput is irrelevant to bittorrent, because peaks come and go. uT relies on sustained throughput. You can try raising your upload limit incrementally (I'd suggest 5%) to see if you can still sustain it. Scale the Speed tab to 5 or 30 seconds to see that uT can still upload at relatively horizontal line parallel close to your set maximum and you may keep that. Remember you can upload more, when you're not downloading, so when you have downloading keep ti at your current 80% and tick the box for alternate upload when only uploading and stick that number in. uT will automatically switch to that when you have no pending downloads.

Archived