Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed

doogal

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But it's not the end of the story: I got Eset Smart Security v3.0.667.0 - and it was alright in my uTorrent 1.8.1 beta before RC1 (or release before it). Suddenly it refused to work at all - connects with tracker, get list of Pires - but no UL/DL at all... And even with patched TCP/IP to 100 connections still I have Event 4226... I noiced that it would be a good idea to exclude uTorrent from list of browsers in ESS. So it made me happy, as far as I can see. And, BTW, when ESS identificates uTorrent as a browser - uTorrent makes just a huge count of connections per second (and, that is VERY strange - ESS' traffic increases greatly, and so does it's number of connections). A very-veeeeery strange attitute I say! Hope this info helps someone

Anybody helps? I have this utorrent problem which won't turn green from yellow after troubleshooting it for 4 days since 2008-10-6. I had this Nod32 ESET smart security latest update(3.0.672.0). My router is SpeedTouch 585 v6. I installed utorrent 3 mths ago. It had been working well until that monday. The version was 1.8.0 at that time. Since updating to latest 1.8.1, it still wont work. It remains in yellow at most times or even red state a few times. I configured ESET according to allow port forward according to some forumers did and i changed the port number on the router. I used a popular torrent with seeds. It changed to green temporarily and back to square one unfortunately even though the speed was not so bad when i had incoming connections. The port number is 53189. What was important to me was to turn it to green status and i thought if it was possible for the port on my PC infected with viruses. I don't know whether it is true. This is quite useful when utorrent users might have this problem in future.

I have NOD32 Antivirus (v. 3.0.667.0) and have had it for quite a while.

And I have had utorrent and used it for quite a while.

I didn't have any problems with slow internet until I updated to v1.8.1 of utorrent.

Any reason why it would start causing problems with NOD32 when previous versions had not?

Hey

I never needed to post here but that day as come.

Im in the same situation that thorn969 is... I use utorrent for a long time, have nod suite security 3.0.672.0 and since I update to 1.8.1 browsing with firefox is dawn slow...

All configs are right.

Is there someone that can help with this? is there simple solution for this beside uninstall nod32?

Thanks for the replys

cheers

• 2 weeks later...

i wish i could help but i can't understand these slow browsing problems at all since i'm also running eset smart security (v3.0.672.0) along with utorrent (v1.8.1 build 12639) and i do have the wap (web access protection) enabled but it isn't slowing my browsing down hardly at all and my pc is a slow 1ghz laptop with only 320meg ram on top of it all. even if i turn the wap off i still notice no differrence in speed and all clients are working fine so makes no sense to me whatsoever. my os is win xp pro and i'm using IE6 for browsing. i haven't tried IE7 yet but maybe that could be a problem i don't know.

edit: i forgot something which may or may not help. my task manager is telling me that my eset is only using about 33meg and that isn't much at all not even for this lousy old laptop lol.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm running uTorrent 1.8.1 (build 12639) & NOD32 3.0.669.0 on a fresh install of XP Pro SP3.

For the past month or so my internet connection has been a nightmare.

With uTorrent running it would often take me 30 seconds to a minute to load a page on my Shaw Cable 10 Mbps download speed, 1 Mbps upload speed.

I've attempted everything including a fresh install of XP but not even that helped.

What did work was shutting down uTorrent -- then my internet would load pages in a few seconds.

Using PingPlotter didn't show anything.

www.dslreports.com didn't report any problems with Shaw.

It was only when I came to the Troubleshooting section here at forum.utorrent.com (I had to shut down uTorrent for the page to load!) that I found the entry "Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed".

I went "HEY!, my browsing is slow -- HEY! I'm running NOD32". -- What's this all about?

Well to make a long story short I disabled NOD32's "Web Access Protection" then rebooted my computer.

Crossing my fingers I started uTorrent where I'm presently sharing 54 files. I then tried Firefox -- Praise Be!, my pages now load at the snap of a finger.

So thanks to the Troubleshooting section here I was able to solve my problem -- BUT I think that the "fixed" should come off the subject title here because people may be under the impression that NOD made the problem go away -- they haven't -- you still must disable NOD's "Web Access Protection".

Thanks All!

PLEASE NOTE THIS EDIT:

I believe I've narrowed down this problem.

I've found that you don't have to disable all of NOD32's "Web Access Protection".

Instead all I've had to do was go to NOD32's "Setup" > "Antivirus and antispyware" > "Web Access Protection" > "HTTP" > "Web Browsers"

That will bring up a "Internet browsers" screen.

Uncheck "uTorrent.exe" so that it's box is clear.

Click OK.

This seems to do the same thing as disabling all of NOD32's "Web Access Protection".

THANKKKKKKKK YOUUUU PPL

I just registered as a last resort before re-installing my os. everything started when updated from 1.7 version to 1.8 and then i coudnt browse anymore while downloading something........In fact, i had to wait up to 3 mins before browsing the web normally. Now i just unchecked that tiny-buggy-damnie-box and im happy now. Im downloading and browsing at the same time.

You saved me a fresh install just to be sure :D

Thnx again ppl.

THNX THNX THNX A LOT!!!!

I'm new to the forum, so if I make mistakes or I'm @ the wrong place, sorry. I have been using utorrent for a few years now, suddenly it seeem that it takes it a while (about 5 mins or more) for Utorrent to load. I have recently switched to cable modem & installed a router. According to all checks, port forwarding is OK, Firewall is down. Any ideas?

Thanks

I'm using ESET 3.0, didn't have the problem you described, but I disabled it anyway - with torrent protocols there are tons of connections made, and it is probably a good idea to not have the virus program scan it, after all, the file will get scanned when you execute it after download completion.

For the rest of you guys with slow browsing speed when doing connections. You should:

1. Get a good router with "working" QoS (most of them claim they have one, but don't actually work.)

2. Get a QoS software, I'm using cFos Speed, at first I was skeptical, but it really works. I now can download torrent files while playing Warcraft III online without lag.

I had the same issue when dowloading and uploading using utorrent my Firefox were slow to start and slow to browse. Issue resolved by >

NOD32 or ESS

Setup

Advanced Setup

Antivirus and antispyware

Exclusions put in here µTorrents folder normally lives here C:\Program Files\uTorrent

Doing this has resolved my issue's it only started happening when i updated to the latest utorrent 1.8.1

Archived