Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed

doogal

Tex-Twil:

Hello,

it looks like F-Secure and AVG also slow down the browsing when uTorrent is running. Can someone confirm that ?

regards,

Tex

DreadWingKnight:

AVG does NOT.

AVG Does. (in my scenario anyway)

I have AVG Anti-virus 8 and AVG Internet Security 8 (both premium), and i had slow browsing when using utorrent.

So Updated to utorrent 1.8.1 and everything seems to be running fine so far.

-Dual

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I was reading this thread and noticed that I am having the same problem recently. I have 1.8.1 and running Vista Ultimate and I am using AVG. I am getting connectivity problems with web browsing when utorrent is open and my downloads just aren't happening. Most of the time they aren't downloading or they are going at like 5kb/s and then they stop. This is killer man.

I can see that there was a fix for people using NOD32, but what about AVG??

Thanks

sorry can u tell me the path again? after http -excluded addresses and then i add ? if its not this way tell me ..

i saw that when i enter web browseres the check box is checked by a v on the utornet .. thnx!

p.s im using ver 1.8.1 on nod 32 ver 3 and explorer 7 .

ok ppl i understand now the sulution..

but still want to ask small questions..

do i have to enable the wap? beacause its givin me a warning that in not on full protection

do i have to restart my computer ?

and finaly if i see the red cross when excluding do i have to clear it to or just leav it like this. thnk.

Ok i have a problem, after I start utorrent i can't use firefox. it simply wont load any sites, it's not that the connection is slow, it can stand for an hour trying to load but nothing happens. obviously i've tried what the first post says and i've read this thread but didn't find a answer to my problem. i'm using nod32 (3.0.642.0). shutting down utorrent doesn't help, so every time i've started utorrent, i need to reboot my computer to be able to use firefox. i've googled and can't find any answers. please help, i really love utorrent but if this goes on i'm afraid i'm forced to use another client. D:

it was set to 8, but that wasn't the problem. strange thing is it worked perfectly until a few days ago, almost like it was one of microsoft's daily vista-updates that f.cked it up.

edit: hmm, it's gotten worse now. at first the problem only affected firefox and my dl/ul in utorrent worked perfectly, but now dl/ul in utorrent is zero. i tried disabling NOD32 but that didn't work. i'm not good at tech stuff so any help is appreciated!

In NOD32, disable the Web Access Protection too.

Sheesh, I can't believe I had to register to tell you to shut up. That's twice you've spread bad advice, completely different from the OP.

DO NOT DISABLE WEB ACCESS PROTECTION, YOU WILL BE RUNNING THE RISK WHILST USING REDUCED PROTECTION.

If you read the original post

With µTorrent downloading, IE7 and Firefox were slow to start and slow to browse. Issue resolved by >

NOD32

Setup

Antivirus and antispyware

Web Access Protection

HTTP

Web Browsers

EXCLUDE µTorrent.exe

DO THIS! This is the correct solution. Someone asked a few posts which signifies exclude. Exclude= Red "X".

funkydude: i'm sorry but that is not the solution for my problem. i spent all day yesterday trying out different settings. now i'm gonna try deluge and see if i get the same problems.

edit: i didn't get any problems with deluge, so the problem is in utorrents settings, not NOD32 or my router.

i searched everywhere in this thread for what does it mean in NOD32 web browser settings: the check, the uncheck and the cross. whats the difference between unchecked and a cross ???

P.S. for those who have the same problem as 'Howl' here: your problem is the half-open TCP connection limit. fix it by either lowering the max half-open connections in your p2p app below the OS's limit or by patching your OS's tcpip.sys file

check this out :

http://www.speedguide.net/read_articles.php?id=2744

for XP users, the limit is: 10

for Vista home premium: 2

for vista Ultimate : 25

@roise_r

Credit goes to funckydude:

1.TICK = Full scanning, all data communication from that program is scanned

NOTHING = Normal scanning. The app will only be scanned if it uses one of the ports designated in the HTTP ports.

RED X = No scanning, even if the app uses HTTP ports.

Usually "nothing" is the best for non-browsers and "tick" is the best for browsers

i know i am not a wizz by far, but i guess the question is: do we really need so much protection, i mean why would i want all my http traffic for all my apps to be checked. from what could i get infected... htmls? arent all files checked anyway upon download by the realtime file checking?

how about slowing the computer by doing so much checking??? whats the point?

basically my question is, WHEN would i really need the web protection?

i have a router that does already a ton of scanning, including http, requests, responds, god knows what...

i would disable web protection totaly if i was sure that i dont need it...

maybe this post is for another forum :), let alone topic.

• 2 weeks later...

I use NOD32 voision 2.7, been using it for about 2 years, ever since it was upgraded from voision 2.5.

I dont like the NOD32 voision 3.0 and above, it is not as user-friendly, I can't select the files and file types I wanna exclude.

I've never had any problem with version 2.7 except for the a couple of files that keep getting deleted so I had to make exclusions for em.

So, I take it in the new NOD32 I just make a exclusion for uTorrent? Well I hope it is easy to find

Anou... Um... Here is my problem - I didn't know that nod32 doesn't like utorrent. So both of them crashed. Utorrent reinstals normally. Nod32 refuses to do so. It says that it "isn't a win 32 application" or something like that. And they killed the sound system, too. Whenever I go to Sounds and Audio Devices - it says that there is no audio device... And my virtual disks stopped working. It happened to me the second time already. The first time I just blamed it on my projector cable, since it had caused some crashes at that time, and I just reinstalled the system. I don't want to reinstall my system again.

What should I do?

i had a similar problem before... problems that dont have anything to do with each other. i was using norton antivirus at the time. it would fail to start, my windows themes stoped working, my sound stoped working and my network card stopped using DHCP. i also had other minior problems like each time windows would shut down, explorer would stop responding and i had to end task.

i got nod32 running somehow and ran a virus check and found u bunch of viruses. nod32 just told me about them but refused to clean them up. so i ended up reinstalling everything anyway. but i use nod32 from that day forth :)

so i would say, try and install another antivirus program and run a thoroughly scan

Nope. No viruses. Well, one, but deleting that file didn't do anything at all. I have tried many-many-many different advices, none ot them work. Something that caused the crash is the conflict between uTorrent and Nod32, and it won't go away until I could fix it. Which is kind of hard since I can't open Nod32.

Hi, I'm basically having the same exact problem as the fellows on the first page. I'm sure the fix works great, however i'm using The new beta version of NOD32. The setup options are considerably different. When I expand the "HTTP" group under web access protection, I get "Address management" and "Active mode." Neither one appears to offer anything similar to the "Web browsers" options. So now I'm stuck.

Is anyone familiar with nod32 beta 4.0.68 that can give me some advice?

• 1 month later...

Not completly sure if i should make my first post here or make a new thread, but anyway i can barley use my internet when i got Utorrent running, sometimes i even get dissconneted from msn and i try to log in, and it complains about there is no connection or something, but when i turn off utorrent everything work's fine, funny part is online gameing allways work's regardless if im useing utorrent or not, World of warcraft allways work's, so i tried the Nod solution but i cant notice any difference in speed, im useing smart security 3.0.6 on Vista 64bit, even tried to change the net.max_halfopen setting in utorrent value from default 8 to 4 but nothing changes, removed my router as wlel ti see if that was the problem but it didnt help either.

• 2 weeks later...

The reason that I changed from BitTorrent to uTorrent was that it affects my browsing less. The problem was caused by Kaspersky checking every little piece of data and writing to disk. It does not seem to use up the memory too much. When I tested uTorrent, I found this problem was largely solved and I can seed, leach and browse at the same time. Browsing is slower but not a problem. I use FF to browse. Live Mail is also affected but not as badly as before. Gmail sometimes times out but hotmail and Yahoo are usually ok.

Archived