Slow browsing + NOD32 fixed

doogal

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have had exactly this problem with uTorrent 1.7.7/build 8179 with eset smart security 3.0.642.0. Everything was fine, not even aware I had updated any software and suddenly internet browsing (ie 7 on Vista) stopped. Web site found, pages were loading very slowly, if at all.

Updated to Vista SP1, no difference.

Thanks to the posts here, it improved dramatically when unchecking uTorrent as a web browser, but it was still very slow.

I disabled the Web Access Protection in eset completely and everything now running beautifully.

But is anyone aware of an "option in the middle" to allow eset WAP to function with uTorrent - it would be good to have eset WAP enabled!

Thanks...

Thanks, it works for me in NOD32 v4

hmm ive read all the posts and its very confusing ok i had 4 uploads that wer about 2kb of which did not slow the pc down at all even if i am uploading and no one leeching so using no bandwidth im really struggling its happend in the last few days or so

the version of u totent is 1.81 my nod is 3.0.642.0 and upto date

im on vista sp1 home

now im a bit stupid on the techie front but i did manage to put u torrent in the exceptions i typed in the box

u torrent.exe. is this right?

pages still loading dead slow

im at mi wits end help please folks

im uploading @ 6.3kb/s and its took 20 mins for this page to load for me to edit?????????????????????????

• 3 weeks later...

when i received an incomming connection i have this error after some few second

xxx.xxx.xxx.[utp]:Disconnect:Time out

what could be the cause of this error. if i test to see if my port is well forward correctly it says it is well forward correctly. so what could be the cause of this?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Apologies if this is the wrong place for this question but the connection is a problem caused by ESET Smart Security 3.0.672.0 firewall. Everything used to work smoothly until a few days ago when I lost my port - looks like it's being blocked by the firewall of ESET - no idea why now, they didn't know either. I did all you say earlier in this thread about WAP, ticked and excluded, but still no port. So at the moment I've got incoming traffic and peers can still upload some of my torrents (the majority gave errors so I deleted them), but I can't download anymore. Please help, many thanks!

Hi!

I followed this guide for a friend of mine, that when Utorrent was loaded experienced a very big slow down in surfing with firefox and with outlook too.

The first page is about browsers, and asks to check (I suppose) the programs I'm using as browsers. There are several programs checked, including firefox, google chrome and so on. (I didn't check 'em by myself anyway). uTorrent was UNCHECKED so I leave it this way and I'm gonna tell my friend to do the same.

Then there's another option in Nod, just below, telling "active mode". All the files are unchecked. I don't have to touch that?

It will be enough to leave unchecked the browser page for utorrent for my friend's problem to be solved? Thank you so much, bye! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Posting after three days of careful study of posts here at the forum, sorry but this is desperate.

Ok so i followed everything said here with an exception (turning web access protection off) Now the web browsers run at fine speed but Bittorrent is completely messed up. Uploading at a fair 25-35 KBPS but downloading at a measly 15-20 KBPS. I know i must top the list with this aye.

Heres the config being used

Bittorrent V6.2

Eset NOD32 Antivirus 3.0.642.0

Mozilla firefox the latest 3.5

All tweaks done as accordingly, Port is 80 and it is open, checked my internet upload and download speed so set the connection type to XX/256 in speed guide as per best ratio of three tests. I know Im doing something wrong and i know its not the Internet connection or the Security system, can someone please guide me through the preferances setup.

Any and all help will be much appreciated, if you want me to switch torrents I'm willing to try that too but please recommend one.

Oh and I live in India, my internet speed is 256kbps, if that helps.

Cheers.

TO Dk_Khan..I suggest you to switch .off the bittorent version immediately as I faced similar problem .......turn on utorrent version 1.8.2 .15285 as I am also from India i know the slow browsing often happen here...uninstall Mozilla 3.5.2 and use either opera 10 or wyzo 3.0.3.....this version is suitable your speed of 256kbps use kaspersky antivirus internet security 2009 turn the firewall ...set the torrent according your choice & enjoy browsing. I am using the same but I use 1mbps. If you want to mail me then mail at ganguly.sg68@gmail.com. I shall be highly honoured with lots respect waiting for your your reply.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived