utorrent vs azureus

TheDude

I'm not trying to be offensive in any way, but 100% complete MEANS 100% complete. Was the file thumbs.db or related ilk? Where was it corrupted/missing pieces? Just because you don't have user intervention doesn't make it better. What kind of throughput do you get on Azureus when rechecking compared to uT? 35 GiB on a 400MHz FSB that torrent would take between 10-15 mins to recheck EACH time. It's better to find the cause of a problem than work around it.

@TheDude: I've been trying both Az & uT and more P2P softwares, and i DO like re-checking file hashes because my downloads are usually videos and there have been some of those "100%" files missing a small bit, not pointing fingers yet.

But since i know hardware and storage and having been a programmer i know too many places where things can get, er, lost, so i appreciate software and hardware that either allows or does re-checks along the way, and i think only fools don't care about that or their files, time, and data.

It takes like a week to get some files, and a couple of minutes to check, who cares about the couple minutes?

A nice utility you may want to try playing with is a sync utility, like SysInternals Sync.exe utility perhaps. It flushes out all the data/disk/memory buffers/caches when executed, try running that next time a file does not hash 100%, then re-check and if it magically becomes 100% report that, b/c that would mean data was just not finished writing to disk when the 1st check was done. But then maybe a pre-mature check actually was what "lost" that last bit of data...(!)

Media is designed to withstand some loss, data is not, BT is not a reliable data transport, but it is an acceptable media transport. enjoy! =)

dude... uTorrent beats hands down any other Torrent software out there Period!

i tried so many, include Azeurus, and gosh, you can't imagine the pain it was to use that piece of java crap.

the first few months works great, but after a while the java seems to build up dirty, and it goes from bad to worse.

uninstalling / reinstalling doesn't help either, so that's when i started looking for alternative, and i've been through several, until i found utorrent

and i've been addicted to utorrent for the past 3 years :D

Archived