Tracker issues?

Woodsprite29

I, too, am a newbie. I didn't have any trouble downloading a couple of DVDs, but now I have several red arrows. I did look through the guides but where is a simple guide for newbiesor dummies? I could not find info on the following (but would like to know what they mean):

. No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it.

. Failure: access denied, leeching forbidden, you are only allowed to seed.

What does this mean, and how do I correct it?

What does it mean if 0 of 0 seeds are connected, with 0 of 6 connected (3 in swarm).

Woodsprite29

Well, for one thing, Rogers is known to throttle BitTorrent, so the first error could easily be caused by them blocking tracker connections. It could also be that the tracker you're using is down.

As for the second error, it means exactly what it says -- you're leeching, and aren't sharing back, so they're blocking you.

As for what "0 of 0" or "0 of 6" means, check the manual (second link in my signature).

Actively refused means that the URL is down indefinitely, or you are banned.

leeching forbidden means that tracker doesn't allow downloaders except for certain times.

In both cases, you don't really need to worry about it, but you can remove the trackers if you wish. The (in)frequent announces to the trackers is bandwidth but negligible in comparison to data transfer.

0 of 6 (3 in swarm) means you are connected to 0 peers of 6 returned ones, 3 of which were from the tracker scrape/announce.

Have you checked out the Guides page (linked below)... I may also recommend Ultima's µManual for getting acquinted with the uT interface.

Edit: ... forum cleanup operations :P

Edit (Ultima): Moved :)

Archived