utorrent stops downloading when machine goes into sleep mode

kassysimon

It does? That should really be a bug report, but I guess it's not gonna be fixed since 1.8's on the way. Maybe you might wanna run 1.8 encapsulated (http://www.utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F will tell you how) in order to check if the behaviour's improved any in the forthcoming version. Kindly note that it's an alpha and so better not to use it as your main client (that's why I said run it encapsulated and not to overwrite 1.7.5).

BTW, just to confirm, but does your PC go into suspend/hibernate mode while uTorrent is running, or does only the monitor power down? Maybe in Power Options you could disable suspend/hibernate altogether and enable monitor power down and check?

1.8 had a problem when that privilege was not honored correctly when set and then unset.

Monitor going to sleep doesn't affect uT. It may be some other problem... a screenshot of the relevant panes in Vista may help :/ Sorry but I have no idea where that would be. Power button under Screen Saver is the location under Display properties in XP (which I'm sure you know).

Archived