utorrent process wont end

deadman666

hey i have a conundrum here. i was going to add another torrent to utorrent when it wouldnt end. i checked the list of active processes and saw two instances of utorrent running. i chose to end both of them and i would close but the other will not. i have read in another topic that ZoneAlarm (which is the firewall i use) might be the problem. i have used ZA for the past couple of months with no problems. what can i do to make utorrent work???

Well, ZA is known to be problematic when it comes to P2P apps in general, not just uTorrent. So I would recommend you get rid of it and get something else.

Normally, multiple instances of uTorrent aren't allowed. Running it again only activates the first one. How do you start uTorrent? Does it autostart when Windows loads? Maybe you have 2 entries in the registry?

Does this happen every time or did it happen only that one time?

something has gone horribly wrong. since installing comodo, utorrent has ceased functioning with an error of "No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it" for every torrent. i checked the event log and everything in it was about utorrent and blocked. there must have been about 100 events blocked both incoming and outgoing. what went wrong?!?

That works too, I guess :P

The rules I posted are tighter in that it allows only what's needed, and not what's unneeded. While they worked properly for me, I haven't that received much feedback on the rules, so I can't be 100% sure they'll work for everyone. Worth a shot anyway :)

Archived