Transferring downloads to another PC

neil222

The Migration Guide (via the Guides page) should give you a general idea. What you need to primarily do is copy the data, and torrent to your work computer, then load the torrent into your uTorrent at work via Ctrl-D so it asks you where to place it, and then say OK. It will automatically recheck what you have so far and drop all in-progress pieces from your home PC, so you may go down a few % complete, but it will continue downloading from there. When you're done take it back home to enjoy the complete files :D

I got this transferred to my work PC ok, it starts to "check" the torrent then starts downloading all ok, but after a short while it comes up "error:access denied" and stops my download. What causes this and how do i fix it?

I read the FAQ on the "error denied" message, but can't make much sense of it. Can someone please help?

I tried another couple of downloads and they went all the way through great, but when I went back to the one I transferred from my home PC it still gets the error message!

Any help would be great....

Cheers.

Archived