Bug with 1.3?

Antares

So it used to leave thumbs.db behind (not that thumbs.db should ever be included in a torrent anyway)?

Leaving it out when creating a .torrent would be nice, but it would mean adding code, so I'm not going to suggest it. Users can always learn how to get rid of a thumbs.db file, or they can always create their .torrent files with something that can skip it, like MakeTorrent 2.1 or Azureus.

Now that's good news, Firon. (If it's in this beta, it's not mentioned in the changelog.)

Have you ever tried to explain to a user that yes, there really is a thumbs.db file in his/her torrent, when (s)he's insisting loudly that there's no such file in the directory it was made from? Not only do you have to explain how to make both hidden files and system files visible so that they can see it, then you have to teach them how to change the view of that folder and the default folder view so that thumbs.db won't be instantly re-created after they delete it. That's in addition to telling them why it's bad for a torrent.

It's much easier to tell them, "look, it's there, open it in your client and look at the file listing for yourself; trust us that it's bad for the torrent; and just make a new .torrent file with MakeTorrent or Azureus if you select the option to skip such files."

It gets really good when they say, "if I send you the .torrent file, can you take it out for me?" Grrrrrr ...

Archived