new to utorrent, need a few setting recommendations...

chrishicks

hi everyone, I recently downloaded this and I have to say, I'm very impressed. I have been reading around here for a bit and was wondering if anyone would like to help me get the max. amount of speed both up/down with this? I just ran a speed test on Speakeasy and these are the results:

6164 kbps - down

347 kbps - up

I have tried the OpenOffice torrent I have seen here someone and I got a constant speed of 700+kB/s but everything else seems to be pretty slow(may max out at 50kB/s). I am behind a ZoneAlarm firewall as well as an AT&T VoIP router as well. I am not doing any portforwarding at this time either. I will soon be adding a Linksys wireless router to this equation too.

my current settings are:

global max upload 20kB

global max connections 500

max peers per torrent 102

# upload slots per torrent 4

us additional slots box checked

enable scraping, DHT checked

now I'm not looking for outrageous speeds or anything. I'm looking for just a bit of an increase if possible. what would be best for my speed? I'm running XP Pro SP1 not 100% patched. thanks in advance for any help you con provide.

ok, I have been searching for this link that was posted here somewhere with no luck. it was a link to settings that are for azuerus but where stated as also being ok fot utorrent. there was a nice bit of info I wanted to read up on at that site but lost the link from my pc due to an HDD failure. can someone please provide me with the link? thank you

another question, I recently had my HDD fail and had to have my drive replaced. when I got it back it was upgraded to SP2 and now I'm not connecting to any Peers at all when trying to seed only. it seems ok during a download but still not as good as befre the failure/upgrade. I have turned off the XP firewall and that didn't make any difference.

ex. - I'm downloading a 350mb file at a speed of say 30kb and my upload moves around from 5kb to 35kb. I can be connected to 6(90)Seeds and 4(208)Peers. as soon as the d/l is down all Peers are just dropped. I have 2 files I'm trying to seed and neither one will connect. I see something like 0(108)Peers. what should I check in my settings in order to fix this?

by the way, I have my seeding ratio set at 200%.

as soon as the d/l is down all Peers are just dropped. I have 2 files I'm trying to seed and neither one will connect. I see something like 0(108)Peers. what should I check in my settings in order to fix this?

Probably the 'change your ISP' setting. More than likely you're on an ISP that doesn't want you running BitTorrent at all and they KILL your connection to other BitTorrent clients whenever they see a 'download complete' packet.

Do Google searches on your ISP.

example search terms:

myISPname BitTorrent Problem

(...or something like that)

Archived