Possible Utorrent Bug *Help!*

lizbonino

Hi,

I've been using Utorrent 1.7.2 for a while and just upgraded to 1.7.6

The thing is that now it doesn't group the files into folders when loading a torrent file,

E.G : I want to download something which contains multiple CD's and I only want "CD2".

However unlike before where I could select the folder in its entirety, I have to select the individual "Rar" files that make up "CD2"

Is this a bug or have I done something wrong?

Thanks

If you see download limited I KNOW (and DWKnight too: which prompted "assnine") you are setting your download to 1 or 2. Set it reasonable, and you won't be limited. Note the download limited is implemented to discourage leeching. People with connections legitimately that low will not be affected by the limits (they're not capable of going that high)... people who intentionally set it low are choosing to get their download forcibly shaped down too. Did you have other questions?

That's right. the Download Limited message in the lower left of the status bar is only triggered with upload limits set too low. As for your picture 16 peers connected @ 10 KiBps down :/ Checking through the peers listed on the Peers tab may elucidate whatever you are experiencing... do they connect and rapidly disconnect? Are they mainly K or S? http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_all_those_flags_in_the_Flags_column_mean.3F If you want to show an updated picture, be sure to show the whole interface (Alt-PrntScr) and use mspaint to create black boxes over the areas you don't want to show (Name column in torrent pane; IP column in Peers tab)

Nope,

both my download and upload are set at "unlimited" or "0"

Global maximum number of connections: 350

Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 150

Number of upload slots per torrent: 35

All Other settings are identical on both clients aswell

At times it only connects to about 12 seeds and on others it can't seem to get the seed/peer info EG: (0 seeds/ 0 peers)

Here a screenshot from utorrent 1.7.6 downloading the same torrent for only 5 mins.

blablablama7.th.jpg

The other screenshot was from 1.8 running for about a day.

I guess ill just stick with 1.7.2 for the time being,

Thanks for all the help though :-)

You aren't uploading to anyone... at least within the top 22 peers (of 29 connected). You see those "S" are snubbed peers... You don't want your upload unlimited. Try changing it from unlimited ... that may be the problem. Also what is your maximum theoretical upload from a speedtest (or your ISP).. Global connections @ 350, overkill cut it to 200; Per torrent 150.. make that 50. Change upload slots to 3. See what happens then. Also unfortunately that 1.8 screenshot shows no useful vitals.

lol YES! :D that's what we've said since the beginning. :P There are two possible options and I will describe them in detail for you. There are limits put in place to DISCOURAGE people from abusing uT for leeching behaviour. Leeching in this instance is the INTENTIONAL desire to download something without giving back. There are TWO basic places in uT where you can limit upload and create download limited. I guess the second limit which previously was only in 1.8 was backported into 1.7.6. 1) IF you set the torrent upload limit to 1 KiBps you are stuck at 12 KiBps download. 2) IF you set the global limit below 6 KiBps in the drop down or any preference pane, you are stuck with a 6x multiplier. i.e. You set upload to 6, you can download fine. You set to 5, download says [LIMITED] and is stuck to 30 which will register in the taskbar if you have "show limits enabled" under preferences. Repeat for 4 UPLOAD (24 KiBps download), 3 --> 18, 2 --> 12, and 1 --> 6 ;)

Now that we're both on the same page, did you have other questions?

Archived