Found a bug in memory and slow internet

condor299

Hey

Just want to say that the bug in 1.7.5 that made 300mb of memory disappear has been "removed" lost since 1.7.6. Now it just take around 20mb as it should. I have ESET 3.0.621.0.

But Internet is still slow as hell! And the FAQ isnt really the most user friendly guide you will encounter so I have no idea if I have done it all. I just know that all ports are open in ESET, and nothing strange with Firefox or IE. So what is the problem, one might ask... I have a 100mbit line (both in and out) and no proxy. The only protection I have is ESET. Windows firewall is off. Hmm... Any ideas?

? Windows Cacheing being itself I'd imagine. The FAQ is friendly.. use Ctrl-F. Mainly it depends what is causing the "slow internet" if low-level functions like ping work uninterrupted it is likely some interaction between your suite and all the connections trying to be resolved via DNS or propagating. More information is needed. Btw, this is a bit presumptuous, it's not a bug, and merely a troubleshooting issue.

yes thats right, it is a troubleshooting issue. Just so weird that this trouble started at version 1.7.1 or 1.7.2 or whatever version it was and I have checked everything. I do not have this issue with other torrent programs. Just this one, and i like it thats why i want to solve it. And no it isnt user friendly when you have to check and do like 20 things. ^^

Short of you letting someone remotely manage your machine and do it for you, you will have to go through 20 things, and 20 things again.. every time you have a problem. Search through some of the speed problem threads... If the person has both an ISP supplied modem and router, they need to check all the forwarding settings each time something hiccups because the ISP may have reset the settings removing the customer's pathing for uT, etc...

Slow internet problems can be solved through usage of Ultima's compiled list of How-To for Troubleshooting.

Failure to follow the list will result in noone else posting here, sorry.

Archived