v 1.76 port forwarding error

barry6521

Hi I got a message saying there was a new version of utorrent and would i like to install so i clicked yes ,and now the port i was using which has been working fine is (56578) now showing ERROR I'm using vista and Norton int/sec 2008 any help please or a tutorial Cheers as a matter of interest i have reinstalled v1.75 and the the little green ball at the bottom is showing green but if i do port test it still says port error

Hi I have been using utorrent quite sucessfuly with my port forwarded at the time of instalation, Just recently the green ball at the bottem has not appeared it has always been yellow triangle and I have checked my port at port forward.com and it says it is not forwarded. But I am not experiencing any slower connection I just updated to the latest release 17.6 in hope this would cure it but still getting yellow triangle later turning to red circle can some one tell me is this a glitch and is ther some way of curing it.

I've got the same problem, everything worked fine until I updated to 1.76, now all ports magically seem to be blocked.

I checked and they're all forwarded and so on, plus it happened right between two downloads.

I'm using no software firewall and w/e.

K then, following in the How-To what errors are you seeing? Have you verified nothing has changed on your internet POP such that router settings or modem settings have been reset? Are you sure it still points your uT port (Ctrl-G) to your LAN IP (ipconfig)? ... Going through steps you already have taken in your post will help others follow along.

hello Good morning, I just register, and it because I was using 1.6 and it was pretty fast downloading torrents, I'm in a hotel, so I can not see the router they are using, but the icon in the bottom was green always and I could check the the port was fowarding, now I update to 1.7.6 and I have the orange triangule and can not port foward it said they close. before I made the update I was downloading very good, but right after that everything stopped. What can I do? thanks in advanced!!!!

Htatton

@jewelisheaven: There is no connection beeing made to DHT, and when I check via uTorrent port check, the ports seem to be closed.

I rechecked every router setting, nothing has been changed there and the ports *should* be open, yet they somehow are not.

update: I re-did all router settings with another port, now it seems to work.

Archived