Just updated to 1.7.6 and have a problem

nozlehed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allgamer

Yes it is for torrents I am already DLing, I installed the update today, Jan. 18, and I'm almost positive I can connect to the tracker, there is no error messages, it says it is downloading but there is nothing in down speed or up speed column. The seed column shows things like 0 (6) and the peers column has 0 (56). This happened as soon as I installed the update it was downloading fine before I updated.

Jewell

My firewall control show that uT is allowed.

hello Good morning, I just register, and it because I was using 1.6 and it was pretty fast downloading torrents, I'm in a hotel, so I can not see the router they are using, but the icon in the bottom was green always and I could check the the port was fowarding, now I update to 1.7.6 and I have the orange triangule and can not port foward it said they close. before I made the update I was downloading very good, but right after that everything stopped. What can I do? thanks in advanced!!!!

Htatton

Check your other thread. Also read above... if you use a software firewall, you will need to remove and re-add the rules for utorrent. This applies to all security software or "internet protection" software as well which was working before. ALL OF THEM. If you don't try that first, the first response will be "uninstall your protection software / antivirus / firewall interfering with normal uT operation".

OK I'm sorry for the confusion before, but I just ran the set-up exe again and now I'm running uT 1.8 Beta. I don't know why I had 1.76 when I ran it before, maybe it didn't completely shutdown. I'm having the same problem with 1.8 and have tried the steps listed here already and had no luck. What else can I try?

I've been having the same issue since I upgraded to 1.7.6 this morning. My firewall is down (and was down before I upgraded as well), but it does not show "down speed" or "up speed" for any torrent, regardless of tracker or origin. Seeing as a firewall couldn't possibly be causing the problem for me, what else could be the problem? Perhaps I have certain ports blocked?

That is a different problem. You haven't even updated so why are you posting in the "just updated thread"... To fix problems start at the beginning. Go through the Setup Guide, then the How-To if problems persist. With SPECIFIC questions post below. Too many people's problems in one thread become a cacophany of useless noise.

tried everything that was in the guide ports forwarded, re-added to firewall, even disabled firewall, irrespective of torrent or trackers it shows 0(0), even on torrents that have very high seed-peer ratio, it just wont connect unless you re-add the torrent. Even then it stops after a few hours, not to mention speed is worse than before.

I'm pretty sure I'm having the exact same problem as the OP since I installed the update. I've disabled my firewall and re added Utorrent and nothing changes it. I also tried Bitcomet (which also worked fine until earlier today) and that's having the exact same problem. I can't even connect to Soulseek. This all happened immediately after installing the update.

Archived