Just updated to 1.7.6 and have a problem

nozlehed

No error messages, after a few hours, all activity stops, also I noticed another problem, the ports i have forwarded gets deleted from the list in my router when i restart or shut down my PC, when im using µtorrent. It does not happen for either azureus, bitlord when I tried port forwarding for those programs. Is it a problem with my router or µtorrent, I mean the problem persists only for µtorrent, nothing else.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

same problem here (extremely slow/no internet connection w/ firefox WINXP) since the update to 1.7.6. However, utorrent speeds seem fine, although it may be slower now. Additionally, emule speeds don't appear to be affected, maybe a little slower than before.

No hardware changes/software changes except the update

I tried everything suggested here (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992#p258231),

removed and added utorrent from firewall (kaspersky IS),

unistalled 1.7.6, installed 1.7.5, 1.8 and bit torrent

I guess it's safe to say it's because of something that has changed in 1.7.6, but since not everybody is affected, I wonder what we (ppl with problems) have in common...

I dont have kaspersky and I have the prob too. I got fed up so I switched to 1.8. Everything seems fine except that my forwarded ports keep getting deleted from my router settings, this started when I first updated to 1.7.6

Oh P.S. woodstockfan (or anyone): Why does some torrent sites ban you if you have DHT on, im just curious. Can someone give a couple of examples, please?!

Installed 1.7.6 couple days ago and since then my internet browser (Firefox) has gone seriously slow, I mean 30 seconds to load a page. Thought it was a router problem only that my other laptop was fine. Found this thread and installed 1.7.5 again. Everything back to normal so sticking with 1.7.5 for now

What's the solution then?

Mine is working fine at the moment

I forgot to mention also. When I had 1.7.6 installed my Comodo firewall Network Defense was blocking intrusions by the second, in only a matter of minutes it was in the thousands. Seems to be fine now though with the rollback

just installed 1.7.6 today. i use firefox. my webpages are working just fine and just as fast as when using 1.6.1. No firewall on and i did not have to add a new exception rule to my gateway. No anti-virus software as well. So people having issues with this new build probably have software conflicts somewhere. just my guess.

Updated to 176, now everytime tracker updates I get offline timed out. If I restart, everythings fine until it updates again. I have tried all the steps in the UT forums. No Luck. I'll be going back to 175 unless someone figures this out. Nothing has changed except the update on my computer.

after update to 1.7.6. my web browsers are still waitin for the pages and they dont displayed them at all. after PC restart , everything working perfectly till I start utorrent 1.7.6., then i have the same problem with all my webbrowsers, but skype and ICQ are workin without problems at all. utorrent report problem to connect a server and I cant see downloaded file in dowload directory.It seems to be problem with some kind of memory, probably cache. I have Vista 32bit, and my desktop in the same network with XP and 1.7.5. is working allright.My friend have the same problem. Can U help us , please?

Sure. Have you tried the How-To. The 2nd post mentions steps to take to reduce the load your uT causes hardware. In addition if you're running any "security software" including worm/internet protection, firewall, bandwidth limiter... you'll want to make sure you remove and re-add the rules... My post goes through this in more detail.

hey everyone, sry for being a noob, but i recently ( 2 weeks ago) upgraded to utorrent 1.7.6 and the screwed up thing is that all of my downloaded/completed files are in "downloading" part...and they all have red crosses next to them and the status says: "Error:" that's it...nothing, no number, no explanation, the faq section doesn't have the answer, so i was wondering what's wrong...i bet it's some noob level problem, like wrong folder with torrents or smth, but i can't seem to be able to solve it...

thnx in advance

• 4 months later...

Hello everyone,

i've got the same issue aswell.

I'm 1.7.7, never had this problem before. I watched my firefox / IE literraly dying, like if my bandwith were flooded by something. It's all fucked up !

I watched the SPEED MONITOR (you know, where you got "General" / "Peers" / "Pieces" / "Files" / "Speed" / "Logger" and even if my total download was 11 kb/s upload was 5 kb/s it was, on the SPEED MONITOR to 1120 !!!!!!! The red line was fucking fucking high ...

I think there is a bug somewhere.

Archived