I have 0 seeds . Hmmm what gives?

EsTiLO

Welcome to the world of torrenting... you should read up on the pre-made guides for your consumption ;) Also note no discussion of content happens here... see that announcement up top. You should check out the Guides page below. Link #1 will take you to the µManual, #2 is for the bittorrent primer, #3 is the setup guide.. make sure you've setup your computer correctly for your connection. After that use the How-To to help diagnose where the problem lies. Other questions?

you don't you just have to try the ones with the most people on it, and see if it works or not.

usually the ones with the most people connected, are usually healthy torrents

anything with less than 10 people are not worth it usually, unless you have no other choice, otherwise go with the one that has the most active peers and seeds

If they don't connect to you when you're forwarded... also copying the peerlist (right click from Peers tab) and pasting in any editor will show you them... if there's alot in the same /8 /16 or /24 CIDR subnet you're probably in one of the afforementioned swarms. In the case where you are inundated with useless/fake peers you want to invest in looking at ipfilter.dat http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_is_ipfilter.dat.3F

You aren't a seeder, right...? What is the tracker status? Is your port forwarded?

And BTW, Comcast is known to throttle BitTorrent. Now, they throttle seeding, but who knows -- they might be "upgrading" their throttling (wild speculation from me and me alone :P).

Edit: Moved from his other thread. Due to time constraints, I haven't read this thread carefully enough -- forgive me if what I've posted is irrelevant or already mentioned. *sleep*

At this point i am not a seeder because i had uninstalled then re-installed utorrent

.... i checked the speedguide and i tested if my port is forwarded correctly and i got this message -OK! Port 32340 is open and accepting connections. You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

Archived