Hashcheck rollback

yattara

if i have to close utorrent forced (taskkill etc.) or most probably when electricity cuts off (which happens so often here) or after a crash and reset, checking the files takes too much time and too much cpu usage.

But, when i exit utorrent via utorrent exit routines and restart, it starts downloading right away. and i think this means it saves the states of downloading files when it exits and loads them when it starts.

may it be possible to create a pseudo exit file? state files with hashcheck results can be saved in every 30 seconds and after a crash the last saved one can be loaded. and we only lose the data which was downloaded in last 30 seconds instead of gigabytes of file checks which takes too much time as i mentioned before.

thanks.

i think you didnt read my post. i know it is intentional and i know it has to be checked against corruption and i also know that i am not losing gigabytes.

actually i would try to clarify my previous post, however when i read it again, i realized it was already crystal clear. so, thanks for your help and have a nice day fellas.

... Thanks for the insight Pillowcase (btw hi ;)). If that's indeed the case he can expect no change in that regard. The recheck was implemented somewhat late into 1.7 so I understand it's not completely common knowledge.

Edit: I was mistaken, it was implemented EARLY into the 1.7 line. Relevant line below from 4/17:

[ul][li]- Change: Force a re-check after download location change of a stopped torrent[/li][/ul]

Archived