dial up

cameron

i live in australia and dial up can be extremely slow when downloading i am currently using utorrent and have altered some settings that i have found over the net i was just wondering if someone could help me with some accurate settings for dial up in utorrent. i think i have fixed the firewall issue i am getting 4kb/s max i average about 1.5-2kb/s is that the best i will get please help thanks

thats looks about right

i also have a work computer on broadband that gets about 20kb/s with xx256k speed would that be about right

the reason i ask this is that there are so many different setting on the net you dont know which one to really go by

Yup, that's all you can get. I hope you did tweak the settings to LOWER than what is automatically setup by the Speed Guide? You can also use the limited settings in the How-To to disable extra features you don't really need on dialup. You already have low enough bandwidth available. There's no reason to use it up with extra features which can only hurt you on such a line.

thanks jewelis heaven i went to how to it seems i have done all that so i guess i am getting the best out it (STUPID BLOODY DIAL UP)

do you think i am getting max speed from my other PC (see above) or could they be faster

i am pretty new to this so sorry if these are stupid questions but the whole process can be very frustrating but worth it

Depends on which dialup speed you're on. If you're in the main uT GUI, you click Ctrl-G to bring up the Speed Guide. Are you listed there as your dialup speed? If not, reset it to that and compare those settings with your current settings. If your current settings have ANY of the following as greater, "max active torrents" "connections global" "connections per torrent" "upload slots" reset your speed guide settings and say OK. Then go to Ultima's How-To for Troubleshooting (in my signature) to post #2 to look at features you can safely disable while on dialup. They don't add much utility and as I said before sap away at your available bandwidth.

Archived