No incoming connections?

Magneto

I've been experiencing slow download speeds since using a new router. My download speeds would usually range from 20-30 KB/s, but as of late they range from 1-5 KB/s. Also, my network status light at the bottom is yellow instead of green. I'm assuming this is the major problem. Does anyone know how I can change the icon from yellow to green?

I'm also having problems with my ports. I clicked "Test if port is forwarded properly" and I got this message:

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 44715 on **.***.***.***...

Error! Port 44715 does not appear to be open.

The router I'm using is a "NexIP ISW054t" I couldn't find this model on PortForward.com

Anyone have any ideas on what I can do? Thanks in advance for any help!

Well first make sure your modem doesn't include a firewall. Then make sure you CAN indeed setup "port forwarding" or "virtual server" on your router. The generic description of port forwarding is to tell your firewall "take my port I want to use and stick all packets for that port to my IP". Your IP is gleaned from ipconfig. and the port should be the same you use under Ctrl-G. If you cannot forward ports, see if the router has UPnP in which case you should jsut have to enable it on there and in uT and let uT do its thing.

I've read all the How-To manuals and nothing has changed.

Here's the basic info:

- Network status light is yellow

- I've tried random ports and none seem to be open

- Upload Limit: 18 kB/s, Upload Slots: 3, Connections: 55, Connections (global): 90, Max active torrents: 2, Max active downloads: 2

- net.max_halfopen to 4

- Windows XP is the system installed

- Firewall, Antivirus & Anti-Adware is installed

- Router model used is a NexIP ISW054t

- Connection type is DSL

- Download Speed: 706.72 kbps (88.34 KBps)

- Upload Speed: 234.64 kbps (29.33 KBps)

IF you've setup forwarding from your router TO your IP ON your port then it should be green. Did you get an option to select the protocol (TCp vs UDP)? Are you sure your modem does not have a firewall? Btw, general way to detect router functionality is IF you are setup similar to ISP -> modem -> router -> computer, and then you cut out your router but still have problems, there is configuratio which must be done on your modem. See if it can be put into "bridge mode"

Overall, you are setup well in uT :D. Other questions?

The major problem is with the port. The model I have is nowhere to be found on portforward.com or any other port site.

I didn't get an option for the protocol TCp vs UDP -- can you tell me where I go to do this?

Should DHT be enabled or disabled? It's currently disabled. And how do I go about putting it in "bridge mode"?

If searching for your make/model online hasn't given up any answers you are free to post the possible settings pages of your router online somewhere. Also be sure your modem isn't also a router... connecting to it and verifying there are no port forwarding or virtual server options there helps.

As for even IF bridge mode exists check your documentation for it. I can't help you much more without more information preferrably as pictures...

Okay, I just checked my firewall and it's disabled yet I'm still getting the yellow icon with very slow speeds. I'm using uTorrent 1.7.6 btw.

The file I'm downloading has 15 (35) seeds and 17 (106) peers so it can't be a problem with the file...any other suggestions?

Just because it is disabled does not mean it isn't still in memory. To verify yourself you can run HiJackThis and Process Explorer and view those logs. You don't mention which firewall?? DWKnight and Firon would tell you to uninstall it and see if the problem persists. I'm a little more forgiving with firewalls, but most of them are poor implementations sadly. When you are behind NAT (a router which is a hardware firewall) software firewalls are basically just bloatware which uses resources. I do agree it doesn't appear to be a problem with the swarm. Have you checked a known working swarm like the OOo or slackware torrents from the How-To?

Archived