aero effects not working?

anoxan

aloha all, long time no see.

I've been a user of utorrent since 1.1.7..or something like that, and have never had a problem with utorrent. upnp has always worked, always fast, etc...you get the idea. guess I was just lucky.

this month I upgraded to vista ultimate x86, and am impressed with the eye candy. much better than I had expected; and once you disable uac it's more or less like xp..only the windows are all whooshy-like. neat trick. keeps me amused on boring days.

anyway, to the point: I've noticed that utorrent doesn't do the whooshy thing (I like that word..lol). don't really care too much, as I normally have it minimized to tray, but I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same thing?

thanks

I think he means "wooshy" as in the fadeout/shrink when minimizing and fadein/expand when maximizing that Vista does. I've never tested µTorrent under Vista, so I can't really be sure one way or another whether it's really something affecting µTorrent.

Welcome back, by the way, anoxan :)

What version of µTorrent are you using?

sorry for the delay all, but my xbox crashed and I spent the last few days rebuilding my drive (100gb in games is a lot to copy/rip)

I'm running 1.7.6, and I think I figured it out. I had utorrent set to minimize to tray and close to tray, so I changed it to minimize normally and close to tray, and now everything works fine.

would this be considered a bug?

Archived