Extremly Slow Upload Speeds

Darkest_Nights

Hello.

I recently updated to uTorrent 1.7.6 and ever since I've been experiencing dramatic up/down speed differences.

I generally run in the 40 - 60kb/s on download, and similar to that on upload on healthy torrents. But since the update, all my torrents have been way different. Take a look at this screenshot I took.

D: 102 kb/s

U: 2 kb/s

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/314/utorrentssro9.jpg

(I know this isn't a great example, only 12 peers, but it's been like this for ALL torrents)

Also, I've noticed that it's been sucking much more bandwidth than usual, and the internet is next to impossible to use. I've been a uTorrent user for over a year, and never had anything like this before. Is it something to do with the new update?

Thanks.

It's not a great torrent because the only "data" you have is that the one peer you are connecting to is either overloaded or can only download @ 3 KiBps :/ If you are running any security suite software or firewall be advised you have to remove and re-add rules for the new uT version. If you want to cut back on features check post #2 in the How-To for settings to disable in "limited presence" mode which essentially cuts back on your internet presence, services advertised/seeking, and bandwidth overhead killers.

I am having the same problem. It is most noticable with upload speeds as i'm struggling to keep a good ratio on several private trackers. Before i changed to 1.7.6 i was getting upload speeds of around 50kB/s but now it is around 10-20kB/s.

Can anyone give me any advice besides "check the guides and how-to's". I have been going through every guide and how-to i could find and still have no joy.

jewelisheaven

At the completion of download, upload stopped, don't know why. Checked options, have fiddled a bit and managed a blast of upload (approx 120mb) then stopped, have not been able to force start since? trying to up ratio or be booted from site. happy to upload if i could manage. extreme newbie you got here! this could test your patience.

Hmm, ok well if it stopped automatically perhaps your settings are telling it to? Can you check in uT please Ctrl-P -> Queueing and list the options there below? When you say "stopped" do you mean in the status column in the main torrent pane? or is there an error. Force start completely avoids the queue and should be avoided in practice, but can be used in certain circumstances. What happens when you try to force start? It should change "Downloading" status to "[F] Downloading" and "Seeding" to "[F] Seeding".

Archived