Want to make sure I'm doing the right thing

ceibernwelsh

Hi all, I'm a complete noobie at this and wanted to make sure I'm doing the right thing.

I've succesfully managed to download a few things now, by bypassing the throttling on my ISP (took a while!!) and want to make sure I'm sharing properly, after all, that is the whole point aint it?

The downloads I have are now at 100% but most are showing as queued seed. Do I just leave these sitting as they are so they can seed to others? Do I wait until the ration is 1.00 or above?

I'm worried that when I next want to download something that if I still have all these files active my download speeds will be affected, like I said, i'm a noobie ( and some would say numptie) and after fighting to find a way to use torrents without changing my ISP (tied in for the next few months at least) I don't want to go back to square 1.

Apart from that, finding utorrent easy to use, and thanx to all file shares

The settings from the Ctrl-P -> Queueing options are applicable here. You are only going to be downloading AND seeding the TOTAL number of "active torrents". Of which you will be Downloading the number of "active downloads". Be sure you aren't overloading your connection or queue by trying to run too many. If you stop the currently running ones, others from the queue will take their place.

Archived