uTorrent Has Stopped Working (Did Comcast Block uTorrent?)

webgyrl

Hi!

I've been a long time user of uTorrent, port is forwarded, have had no problems for a year with it.

All of a sudden yesterday, uTorrent has stopped working. I'm using the latest build.

So for a test, I fired up FlashGet and re-loaded the torrents into there, and it's working fine in FlashGet, but uTorrent is dead. It just shows a grey qued downloading icon for new torrents and grey up for seeding torrents. The trackers are not offline, so it's just dead in the water.

Only thing I can think of is I am a comcast user and I know they have massively been throttling traffic. Could they now be able to know I am running uTorrent and have somehow blocked it?

Any help would be appreciated or if anyone is experiencing the same issues post back.

Sorry I may have written it wrong.... this is what I see:

queued download > grey icon

utorrentdownlgk3.th.jpg

But it's been queued for 24 hours, which is very unusual

Uploads look like they are a bit better today:

utorrentulec4.th.jpg

But downloads are awful and it keeps scrolling thru the trackers.

Also why would the music download work on FlashGet, but not in uTorrent?

Any ideas?

I have read thru that info above, and done what I can. But I will double check.

As for the music download not working. I just used this one as an example.

I loaded the torrent into uTorrent, and it's showing me: queued download > grey icon

I loaded the torrent into FlashGet, and it downloaded 100 percent perfectly within minutes.

I also am testing some other torrents and they are downloading with FlashGet, but not in uTorrent.

It's just very odd behavior.

Let me go thru the above checklist again and see what's going on.

I am a Comcast customer, and I know they have been throttling seeds, but now it seems d/ls are being affected. I'll keep monitoring it.

Thanks!

Hi All!

It's odd, in the past I have been able to have that many torrents running with no problem. But I understand what you are getting at, and I actually deleted a whole bunch, but the issue is not resolved. I do know i can put to top of queue and I do use that if something is important. But the point is, even deleting some torrent jobs is not resolving the issue.

Is there anything else i can do? I've been using Flashget as it's downloading things just fine.

jewelisheaven: I did CTRL+P and reset, and that doesn't seem to have done anything.

Shall I try the guide referenced above again? http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992

Also, should it matter how many torrents I am completed but seeding? I even "stopped" those and it doesn't change d/ling or u/ling speeds.

Nah. I'm talking about your Ctrl-P -> Queueing settings. GREY icons as referenced http://utorrent.com/faq.php#What_do_the_red_icons_mean_on_the_torrent_status_icons.3F means those torrents are in the queue. Stop running torrents to move the top queued torrents to active. The queue has two numbers, one for total number of running torrents which will continue to run (show as * when completed) until the seeding goals are BOTH met (after seeding, 90 minutes and 1.5 ratio is default), and one for number of active downloads. Of course FlashGet works immediately, it doesn't have a queue afaik.

Archived