I'm not understanding cerain things!

wazup

Hey all, sorry if this seems dumb, but here goes.

I've downloaded three files successfully. I've been seeding these three downloads for the following time frames:

File 1: 2D12H, I cannot get it to seed any faster than about 4kbs,

File 2: 1D15H, I cannot get it to seed any faster than about 8kps,

File 3: 2D18H, I cannot get it to seed any faster than about 12kps.

I've set the Upload Bandwidth speed to Unlimited, but they will not seed any faster. Now I suppose that I should be happy, but I want to download a few more files AND make sure that I follow the SEEDING rules of about 1.5 times. At this point, file1 is about 1.104, files2 and 3 are still around .56x times (estimated time remaining is around: 20 hours, 1 day and INFINITY!!!).

I realize that I can start other torrent downloads, but doing so causes my system to slow down - even checking email and ICQ messages is painful, so I've stopped these two other downloads in the hopes that seeding will complete soon.

What, if anything, am I doing wrong (or NOT doing correctly).

I've read the tips here (and try to adhere to them): http://www.aeonity.com/frost/secret-fast-torrent-downloading, but I just can't seem to get nothing speedy out of the seeding process.

More quick questions. When I check the General Tab, I see that there are 0 of X seeds connected (Y in swarm). Forgive my stupidity, but is this correct? Shouldn't I be a seed or am I just a peer seeding?

Thanks for the time and any info would be appreciated.

Cheers...

I'm connectable. I can see the following flags:

u = Peer wants your client to upload, but your client doesn't want to (interested and choked) - not sure what this means?

I = Peer is an incoming connection

O = Optimistic unchoke

As well as HEX and so on.

If there is no one to seed to, should I continue? I would think yes... Otherwise I would think that I'd be branded a leecher.

Thanks

If you are downloading concurrently while uploading, enabling the "relevance" column allows you to see how much the other peer has that you don't. I don't think there is a way to see the reverse on your side. :/ Keep the torrents running, but unless you've SET those limits on the torrent, (right click properties to verify) it is the peers downloading from you that are your bottleneck :/

Archived