Download/upload ratio - utorrent restriction

postulat

I was using 1.6.x version for long time, and it worked well. Then I decided to upgrade to latest version hoping it will solve this stupid problem.

When my connection type was changed in 512/64 (instead 256/64) it meant to me faster download. But I was wrong.

I have to limit upload speed to 4 KB/s, since utorrent need some outgoing traffic for downloading. But utorrent AUTOMATICALLY LIMIT my download speed to 24 KB/s. This worked well on old connection type, but now I can use only a half of my download bandwith.

I tried to unlimit upload rate, but as soon as upload rich 6 KB/s download falls under 10 KB/s. Things works well if there is not a lot of leechers and there is a lot of seeders and my upload traffic never excedes 1KB/s. Then my download reaches full bandwith - 52 KB/s.

Will utorrent soon fix this automatic limit?

Thanks

I'm not a dev, but I've heard their answer often enough and it was no.

My advice: upgrade your connection up to the 96kb/s of upload at least. And watch out when upgrading your connection in the future - it's upload who is the king (and which costs are usually much bigger than extra download)

Set your Speed Guide (Ctrl-G) to your ACTUAL upload speed obtained from a speed test. Those numbers are well within "safe working range" for your worry about overhead. If you want to pay it back longer, or more efficiently... lower your Queueing settings so you have fewer torrents running at once, each getting a larger part of your line speeds.

Archived