Started out fine, then...

TexanChristian

Ok, so I'm downloading a file (about 5.17 GB), and it started out doing fine, said it would take maybe a day, as i figured...but maybe 18-20 hours after it was started, it went from a good speed, to almost nothing. I've been sitting between .2 kb/s and nothing. When I look at the speed tracker when I got home from school, it shows where it had gotten up to 12 kb/s for maybe 20 minutes, then it went back to 0 for the rest of the time. I don't know much about torrents. Is this a problem with the servers, my seeds/peers, or my connection? Help, thanks.

You can't download more than what is available :/ You will have to wait for a seed to pop on. If you got it from an indexer, post a request for a reseed in the comment section. How long has the torrent been up? If others also complain, it may be a fake/spam torrent, in which case you should report it as such. Sometimes it may take weeks to download from a single seed however, if they are in highly-impacted places like China (.cn) or Malaysia (.my).

Archived