Cannot connect to trackers after 1.7.6

pats0

I have a problem. I cannot connect to trackers.

I have three separate trackers that show a red upload arrow beside the torrents I am trying to seed. It says that "Tracker Status: offline (timed out)". I have also tried this with http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ and have gotten the same results. I know that these trackers are working for others. Oddly, I did end up connecting to some peers with the open office torrent, but that tracker status was still timed out and the download arrow red.

I can connect to peers fine and have a green check mark in the lower status bar. This problem just recently started happening so I thinks its due to the new update.

I use utorrent 1.7.6 Build 7859, Kerio Personal Firewall 2.1.5, and avast home antivirus. I have a Linksys WRT54GL with Tomato 1.13 firmware. My ISP is Acanac.com and they don't throttle torrents.

Edit: After some experiments it seems that when I first start up uTorrent that the tracker s update fine, but updates after the initial one at start up (or after 2 or 3 updates) get timed out and remained timed out.

Is your half-open or connect speed non-standard numbers (* means non-default in Ctrl-P -> Advanced)? Change them back to standard and see if the problem persists.

Afterwards, have you gone through Ultima's How-To? If you try with 1.7.5 and don't get the same problems perhaps my post about getting software / hardware firewall rules may help. Please reply with updates or problems understanding the steps below :D

I did have my net.max_halfopen set to 40 and my TCPIP.SYS patched by Lvl Lord's EvID4 226 Patch. I reset the value to the default 8 and now my problem is fixed. Thank you.

Do you by any chance know if I will have worst results in my downloads and uploads due to having my half open value reduced?

Hi Jewelisheaven,

How you doing? I have the same problem as indicated above by 'pats0' since the upgrade 1.7.6. My defalut net.max_halfopen is set to 8. Is there any other suggestions to fixing "tracker" offline?

Thanks in advance

Simon thanks for the info link. My tracker status is either "working" or "failure" or "offline". I was getting a bare min upload/download rate. However I think I fixed it by re-booting the modem and puter. The offine and failure trackers still persist but I am getting my normal upload/download rates....go figure...think I fixed it?...lol

@pats0: I'm not too sure, though I tend to doubt it. If you want, you can leave TCPIP.sys patched to 20 or something while leaving net.max_halfopen at 4 to give some extra leeway for any other applications, but I don't think it's really necessary. Just as a note, something that I forgot to mention earlier is the fact that lowering net.max_halfopen might slow down the rate at which speeds accelerate in the beginning, but that's it -- only in the beginning. After it connects to enough peers, it'll behave exactly like normal speed-wise.

Archived