Ratio not calculating properly?

Rhonlith

My ratio doesn't seem to be calculating properly.

utorrentgz6.th.jpg

Is you can see, with the given Upload and Download amount the ratio should be over 2.0.

Are the 2 amounts here the figures used to calculate the ratio.

should have pointed out that I'm using 1.7.6 (build 7859)

Is there any other information that would help?

I've downloaded some more since posting and now the value displayed is correct.

Not sure why it wasn't before.

thanks for the link to the editor jewelishheaven,It let me see what values were being used.

editor also came in handy for turning on DHT in a torrent that had been set to private.

I know its frowned apon but if I've removed the private tracker from the tracker list and all other trackers are open and support DHT then I don't see it as a bad thing.

• 3 weeks later...
editor also came in handy for turning on DHT in a torrent that had been set to private.

I know its frowned apon but if I've removed the private tracker from the tracker list and all other trackers are open and support DHT then I don't see it as a bad thing."

It's not that it's a bad thing, it's just that it won't achieve what you think it will.

When you open the "de-privitised" .torrent file in a client it will calculate the torrent hash, which will be different because you removed the flag. When your client connects to DHT using the new hash, it won't find anyone. Nor will it find anyone when it connects to any trackers.

Archived