How do I limit upload speed without crippling download speed

mulberryinfinity

How do I limit upload speed (while downloading torrents, not seeding them) without slowing down the download speed and getting messages like "Leaching forbidden - You must seed" in the tracker status and what (if anything) can be done about a cable ISP that auto-throttles customers when their outgoing (uploading) data rate increases. I'm guessing, though, that that last part is hopeless, but is it possible to ONLY download and not let any peers download from you and still be able to download rapidly? Ever time I limit the up speed the down speed drops to almost nothing,

Hi everyone! I've got some problem with uTorrent. I had internet speed 640 kb/s and my maximum download was about 62 kB/s, for a month I've had speed 1,3 Mb/s and my download speed is still maximum 62 kB/s. Internet Explorer can download files with speed 120 kB/s, but uTorrent can't. Oh, I've confiugured uTorrent to my internet speed. Help me, please.

If a multi-homed torrent swarm like OpenOffice is giving you shaped speeds you're on a shaping profile. You can verify with slackware or fedora if you like just to be sure. I don't know what else to tell you. Something is not the same if you two do not get the same experienced speeds; options include ISP / package / shaping / computers / software / connections / router / modem...

Are you SURE you have 1 Mbit upload? Double check the How-To post #2 to make sure you can't get 1Mbit down with all the extra features turned off.

There are viruses out there that eat up your bandwidth specifically when using utottent. I won't go into detail as to smear the "good" names of just who is in the business of spreading these infections, but the list is staggering........ ...( :growling in frustration at the corporate world: )

Of course, a typical virus scan will often turn these things up and I've found can often speed up your DL's. ;)

Archived