Wierd stuff with my download speed

kladd3

Howdy everybody

I'm pretty new at this so there might be a very simple soulution to this but i can't solve it on my own.

My download speed is just 5-10 kb/s but the strange thing is when i open utorrent i get speeds upto 700kb/s then it just drops like a rock. I have forwared one port 44842, so that lamp shows green. My vista firewall is closed, my router firewall is also closed and the same goes for the firewall in the norton anticirus program. I also allowed my router to enable nat and upnp portmapping.

My internet access is Telia (sweden) i got 8mb line whith a belkin router and a modem. I tested my download speed and got a averige 7mb down here in sweden and around 3-4mb when i tested it to a server in USA.

-if someone could help me i would be glad

Ahhhhhhh, cool cool nice speeds :D So you sustain @ 5 after how long? If you watch directly following starting a torrent under the Peers tab, do you see them change flags alot? What are their general flags (You may need to right click and turn on flags column)? Do you have encryption enabled in the Speed Guide? If that doesn't help, you may need to Ctrl-P -> BitTorrent and set to Forced. If that still doesn't help you may need to disallow legacy (unencrypted) connections. :/ Does this even happen with the test torrents (openoffice and slackware on the setup guide)?

By you saying you're new I'm hoping you won't mind but I'd recommend getting 1) the µManual 2) reading the bittorrent primer and 3) going through the setup guide (just so happens those are the order of the links on the Guides page below) :)

Can you report back progress you made below? Uhm if I may add, you should turn on the firewall in vista at least. When setup for Ctrl-P -> Connection "add uT to firewall exceptions" you should notice the rule uT makes in your configuration on startup... If you want to make sure, delete and let uT re-add it next startup.

First thing first thanks for helping me

The guides dosn't help tried everything that i read there, also tried to the decrypting thing nothing happends:(

Tried to force it to and still nothing happend

Tried to look at the flags dosn't really know what that means but the don't change att all what i can se. Can't say that there a a general flag the are a bunch of them, buy i yhink ud ixe are the most common one but i could be wrong.

Thinking of maby trying a other program what do you think of that???

If your ISP interferes with traffic which isn't encrypted other bittorrent programs will have the same problem. Sorry under the Peers tab for the Flags column I meant what is the general listing for the peers... If they are "ud IXE" that means they're not uploading to you, you're not uploading to them, and you got them from PEX, they are connecting to you, and they are encrypting their stream fully. An "e" means they are only encrypting headers.

You didn't mention the kind of speeds and behaviour you get from peers when downloading OpenOffice. Could you let it run for a minute or two while watching the peers tab, and then see if the download is a relatively horizontal line in the Speed tab?

Archived