uTorrent causes random system restarts.

maebious

Hello, i bought a new pc and i am experiancing random system restarts.

When the windows startup after the os failure i get the message bellow:

BCCode : 10000050

BCP1 : BAD0B148

BCP2 : 00000000

BCP3 : 805B9EC9

BCP4 : 00000002

OSVer : 5_1_2600

SP : 2_0

Product : 256_1

C:\DOCUME~1\maebious\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER23cb.dir00\Mini012708-01.dmp

C:\DOCUME~1\maebious\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER23cb.dir00\sysdata.xml

The mean of system restarts is 2 per day. Watching the proccess i got to the conclution that the responsible for the system restarts is uTorrent. When uTorrent is not running i get no system restarts.

I am running windows xp sp2 en, ie7, nod32 v3 antivirus (with excluded uTorrent from imon), zonealarm pro firewall and windows xp is original and fully updated.

My system is:

p35 mobo, intel duo core2 1333fsb 2.33gh, 2gb ram dual 800mh, hd2600xt 256 ddr3 and a lot of devices (like tvtuner, bluetooth, scanner, printer etc).

My mobo is gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L v1 and my router is SpeedTouch 585 v5.3.1.5 connected through ethernet on mobo's Realtek RTL8111C-GR Gigabit Ethernet controller.

All the drivers i have istalled in my system are last version released and the mobo's firmware is currently updated. The system temperatures are perfect after the reasearch i have made in the web.

Please inform me if you need extra information to provide you.

Thanks for your time,

Orestis.

Hello i am back holding my blue screen message, but i don't think that any extra information is informed. So i post it bellow and looking forward to your knowledge!

---------------------------------------------------

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

etc...

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xBAD0B148, 0x00000000, 0x805B9EC9, 0x00000002)

Beginning dump of physical memory

Physical memory dump coplete.

etc...

---------------------------------------------------

I would like to inform you that i had ran a ram test and after 22 passes no error found.

:/ Generally speaking that's a driver problem, with your NIC being most likely. If you were using USB to connect to your modem I'd definitely recommend a driver upgrade, but since you're using onboard ethernet I'm only suggesting that. Make sure the NIC drivers aren't updated to a higher version elsewhere (either at their website or your mobo mfg) and check to see if there's reported problems with your version. :( I'm sorry I don't have a direct solution. These kinds of errors may also be due to vidcard drivers, as thats the last time I saw this error.

That I don't know. But since it happens when you're using uT, which makes EXTENSIVE usage of your networking hardware, I'd check that first. Check if there's updated drivers somewhere else like I said, and if not, check online with your chipset + driver version to see if this is an isolated case. :/ I know what a #)(* an unexpected restart can be.

Hello Whoppie, thx for your post.

I have ran the memtest bootable application and after 22 passes no error found.

So i don't believe that it is memory's faults.

I reinstalled the recomended mobo's drivers downloaded from gigabyte's website and installed last ati catalyst drivers. I unistalled zone alarm. Since now my pc seems to be stable with uTorrent downloading. I don't believe that it fixed but never know!

Hi!

Dont rely too hard on memtests, best way to test mem's is to replace them, but since that might be a bit difficult (i dont know many others but me who have like 50 rammodules laying around at home ;O ) and since you have alreade ran memtests then they might be OK.

//it-nissen

Hello again.

I think that something has changed!

For first time uTorrent crashed and not the os! I believe that i am in a good way!

So the drivers may changed the situation or the internet monitor of zone alarm didn't allow uTorrent to crach in a "good" way.

I hope to get a conlusion and other "victims" get helped.

Hello again.

My issue finally resolved. I can't determine if it was drivers fault or ZoneAlarm's fault.

In the past i had reinstalled the same drivers and the issue did not resolved. Maybe the installation proccess was bad. I think that the posibilities of Zone Alarm are grater.

Please if any had the same issue with ZoneAlarm Pro (7.0.408.000) it would be very kind to inform it so other "victims" can resolve their issue.

Thanks a lot all the forum's members who helped me, specially jewelisheaven.

Archived