actionec website(port fowarding related)

1crazyboy7

Im trying to foward a port, and i tried programs but I cant get them to work so... I used the guide on the site for it for my router and the actionec site wont let me or other people log in(found someone else having the problem on yahoo answers). I put in admin for the username worked fine. But the password is being really weird. Heres the confusing part, I figured a lot about what happens so listen up :P

When I type in the first letter(without anything after that) it will add 2 more characters. the second and everything after that will add 1 more character(as in 1 more than I did). Now, If I type fastly It does things differently and ends up deleteing 1 character. The people at yahoo answers thuogh it really didnt add a char and it was just for security so people dont know how long ur password is. But that is wrong because it wont let me login with the correct password? What should I do?

The password configuration field usually doesn't contain your real password. You can confirm this by checking the page source and looking at the value for the input box -- it's almost definitely empty. It would be dumb for the router to send the password back to the interface, especially considering how the interface might be accessed by people other than you. I'm with the people on Yahoo! Answers on this one: it probably displays a different length for security reasons.

I've seen similar behavior on other routers as well. Why the correct password isn't working is beyond me, but I'd consider giving the router a good hard reset, and maybe using a different browser to configure the router.

Archived