Reactivated Torrent Starts Back at zero

studiojoe

I had a download stuck at 99.9% for days. I stopped it, then resumed it some days later when there were more seeds. Although the incomplete-at-99% torrent is sitting in my folder, the reactivated download started again at zero and is creeping back up to complete.

Since it is being downloaded from the same site as before, shouldn't it sync up with the almost-done percentage in my folder? I also right-clicked on the download and selected "Force Re-Check", but it didn't change the percent downloaded back to 99.9. Why back to Square 1?

Under Preferences/General/Location of Downloaded Files and under Preferences/Other/Storage For Torrent Files, I specified the same folder names, although I didn't have those prefilled before. I believe I only specified a download folder at setup and never bothered with it again (until now).

I refreshed and restarted uTorrent, but the percentage came back as the new (lower) percentage.

The upload part is unaffected though, as the tool doesn't have any problem locating the completed torrents for seeding.

Thanks for the tip. Whatever I might have done to cause the download to forget its place, I won't do it again!

A (relatively easy) way to do this is with Ultima's B.F.E. (link below). You will have to edit entirely, or use Find/Replace to change the existing path for the Torrent subkeys (indented below [ROOT])in your resume.dat to match your NEW torrent storage folder. Note you SHOULD read the basic readme and thread for the tool. As it is an advanced user tool it is easiest if you have SPECIFIC USAGE questions to ask them. General questions are ignored, or require too long an answer that it is better to poke at the UI yourself. Like the thread says BACKUP all files you intend to edit prior to use.

• 5 years later...

Archived