Now it accept, Now it dont!

mrNickname

This is very frustrating because there's no solution to this, i know how this networking works but this problem is brand new and i dont think people have come across this.

My network has been recently upgrade to ADSL2+ with modem router. The easiest way is to set my IP to DMZ to bypass all those NAT and port forward setup shit, so i can get clean direct connection to my laptop. (Pls dont give a crap about me using DMZ.)

Than i noticed something strange, whenever launching utorrent i do a utorrent port check. And this is shit, it accepts incoming than next it dont and gives port error. Than agian it accepts for a few times than it dont! This is not cause by windows firewall even i had it turned off.

It must be the router, but why this is happening even i have my IP on DMZ? Why it accepts incoming than seconds later it failed to?

DMZ is as you say shit. Turn it off and forward your port(s). This will mean your hardware has nothing to "think" about when it gets packets for your LAN IP. It will see "OH i have a rule for traffic for port 50001 to go out to IP 192.168.0.101" instead of having to think "hmm IP 192.168.0.101 is my DMZ is this packet to it? Nope, drop packet."

Still i want to use DMZ because is the most direct way to open ports and bypass NAT and other router implemented shit features. And as i said dont give a crap about me using DMZ because i KNOW how to handle the incoming hits without extra firewalls things. So my computer is still perfectly protected from outside attack, i just dont want to give a hell alot explain about how and why i'm using DMZ.

And no, i did not say DMZ is shit. Is a perfect option for me. But the shit is its not working perfectly as it should be. Now i want to diagnos it. BTW port forward give same shit.

ps. People don't know how to use DMZ properly just dont use it.

Absolute Nothing. The windows is fresh, no any 3rd party AV or FW or any spyware remover, adwatcher anything EVER installed and removed. But to protect from spyware stuffs i mentioned i use the winhelp2002 hosts file, you guys should know what that is. Its been causing alot looping on DNS Client so i disabled DNS Client on msconfig since is not useful for home PC. And i manually proper configured and used DNS Client to flush stuffs on router couple times already so it must be ok.

I put my IP on DMZ, enabled, and fucking doesnt get forwarded!! Im so curious and mad because nothing i can figure. And i don't know how, i keep on trying to reset DMZ, turn off and on LAN connection, unplug and plugin LAN cable, do port check, reconfigure, do port check, reset connection windows firewall to default and do port check.. blah blah blah and i eventually get it.. Takes from 15mins to 45mins to trigger this fucking sucks DMZ to work! I'll tell you agian, port forward does the same shit. So is not DMZ's fault or whatsoever.

The other day i found a strange symtom is that, i fully configured my conenction perfectly on the morning and make sure utorrent works.. It works perfectly even after windows restart. Than i use the connection for a whole day even i did the last test before i shutdown my laptop to rest for couples hours before i start utorrent to run overnight. I went to sleep and wake up at 2AM, boot up my laptop.. check for port and it shitty gives error! My connection was perfectly adjusted and than it failed agian after i shut it down for a while, that LAN cable never leaves the laptop, mean DHCP wouldn't just refresh IP or whatsoever because if that's the case i had the router lease IP for 99 days before expire not to mention i set my IP manually not automatic.

Very complex eh? Give me anything you can think of, Thanks!

I know 254 is the maximun range, and i'm using 65, but i've found a solution that works.. Says i need to disable uPnP but not sure for NAT-PMP. I though uPnP is required for utorrent to do port mapping things but disable it it works.

Since the broswer still report error on port check but utorrent shows green status. This is abit strange and i don't know how much it effect the speed. Since yesterday i only downloaded 4GB, and before disable uPnP i get 8GB. I hope this is only the amount of seeders avaliable.

Archived