Minor label bug

merdeonme

I've noticed that when using persistent labels in the webUI, integrated \ characters do not get applied correctly.

for instance the persistent label "Blah\bleh" becomes "Blahbleh"

Kind of annoying if you are using the append label feature to organize your torrents.

Just thought someone should know.

Also RSS control in webUI please :)

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by \ not being a valid chracter in windows... most directories or of the format C:\Blah\bleh\file.extension

You can get around this problem very easily by just manually typing in the label each time through the webUI, in which case the \ gets integrated correctly. It's only in the instance where you try and use one of the already existing labels present in the drop down list on right clicking the torrent that this problem occurs.

I think that this stems from a common issue in most programming languages where \ is a reserved character, and \\ must be entered to achieve a final result of \ (I'm sure theres a better way of saying this, but I don't have all that much programming background)

I've tested this theory by creating a label that has \\ instead of \ and sure enough the \\ becomes \ when the labels are added from the list. I suppose one could just make all of their persistent labels this way, but it seems like it should be such an easy thing to fix in the code that i thought it should be mentioned

You're right. I was wrong: it's not a valid printing character, since it's understood to be either reserved or part of built-in pathing. Note I regularly use "strange" non ASCII characters for labels.. most notalby ~ and ! to prepend the text descriptions I use. For example when I want some single grouping for important torrents. Checking again LOL, i'm doubly wrong. At least in 1.8. It allows characters of ;:'"`~!\/|? and others, LOL. You're quite right about escaping extra characters :D And i'm only slightly more experienced in programming than you are.

Thanks for mentioning it!! And I look forward to the new webui version which may come after the now-in-development 1.8 uT version is stable.

Archived