Uploading problems

deadboy

Hi there. I'm completely new to this bit torrent game, but please bear with me and my no doubt stupid questions. My download speed has gone from about 30kb down to 9kb in my first 15 mins of use. I am using a Broadband connection, through my phone line, which I believe to be an ADSL(?). Uploads begin and then stop as quick as they've started. I'm not sure that I did the speed test correctly, but I didn't seem to have a problem when I sent my port. Any advice for a complete novice?

Welcome to the bittorrent game :) To get you acquainted I'd recommend going to the Guides page below and downloading/reading the first three links. The first is the uTorrent Manual. The second is the bittorrent primer explaining some of the nuances of the protocol. The third is the setup guide you should read through for optimum downloading experience. NOTE: with your current problems the next thing to try would be changing your encryption settings to Forced to see if the peers hang out any longer. If not, check out "disallow legacy connections". That tells uT to not accept unencrypted connections.

Feel free to update here with other questions relating to the process and problems you have while reading the guides.

Archived