Connection Problem "help plez!!" =)

Jernut81

I have been using Utorrent for a good 3-4 yrs and have been happy with it, but not with the update of 1.7.7, I am unable to download movies. I have read and did alot of research and stuff on the port forwarding and the firewall and it seems not to be the problom. The port says it open when I check. Now, I can d/l music files, so it's wierld, but when it comes to anything dealing wiht movies, it's a no go. I have a red arrow beside the torrent and I don't know why. Can anyone help me with my problem? I have even tried doing a system restore and it stills jacked up and i have d/l another torrent program and same problem, so I am not sure what the deal is. I have even hooked my modem straight up to my desktop and by passed the router and still the same problems, any help on this matter would be much appreciated, thank you....=)

So you mean only movies got this prob? Another strange, try clean up the the setting files and setup every thing over agian. And remember use high ports, anything from 55000-64000. And make sure you have encrytion on but not forced and accept incoming encryted protocol. And make sure you have green status down the status bar. If no, is a no go :), if yes, proberly your movie torrent site sux, but that's all i can think of atm until you can provide more detailed story.

The tracker status message in the General tab will tell you what the problem is. If you are connecting to peers and seeds (in the General tab X of Y connected (Z in swarm))... then that tracker message will tell you what is going on.

Changing your settings like the above poster says will not change any interaction with the tracker.

What neither of us mentioned.... what other software are you using?? Antivirus, security suite, worm protection, ipfilter, peerblocking, firewall?? All of these may affect internet packets and are interfering with your ability to connect to peers.

Also µTorrent has only been around for 3 years, including the 1 year dev time prior to a public release (build 110)... ;)

Archived